NF4 LanParty (original) BETA BIOS 3/30/2006 (direct download)

Hi thunda,

I wanted the Dr bios which is the board i'm using atm.

i actually d/loaded it by following 2nd link in Pyros's link post

Have just flashed fine using the us

I think that's where the confusion has arisen the site shows but as you say the files show as NF4ED 's making them expert files.

I was thinking that it may be a seperate file for the DR as the Silicon image raid was updated, something which doesn't happen every time.

thanks

hmmm.. thats strange I didnt notice that.. Usually its like I stated in my above post..

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Upok!!!! you have got to be kidding I know nothing and they have taught me a lot here just in the last few days.. Yes, maybe you won't get the answer in 5-60 mins but some have to eat.. but they are awesome at replys for help with answers to boot.. You couldn't ask for better help if you called on the phone and waited over 40 mins to get someone that would have to follow a read off screen and knows nothing.. .

Just word for thought is all

Wick

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, i'm new here. just regged. So, sorry if this question been asked already. Well, to start things off, i just upgrade my rigs from 754 to 939 n got system as in my siggy. last night, i updated the bios which is stated in the 1st post. Well, flashing went ok, clearing and writing the EEPROM until it show F1 RESET (or maybe restart? ). Pushed F1, system rebooted. Now worst thing happened. No BOOT. But, speaker does tell system is booted ( the 1 beep during booting does occured ). 1 of the 4 LED at the bottom left corner still glow which the manual do tell that it indicates VGA DETECTED. Since my PCI-E didnt arrived as expected ETA, i used PCI vga [ S3 Trio64+ 2MB ]. Can u guys tell me what's wrong?

This is the actual link where i downloaded the bios :

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/Download/bios..._FLAG=B&SITE=US

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Upload/BIOS/NF4LD329.ZIP

Do i hv to RMA my mobo?

Sorry for my bad english.

Did you clear the cmos using the jumper on the board after the flash. If u flashed using winflash utility theres an option on the top left you have to check thats says "clear cmos" & "cmos default". If you didn't check either, then the bios left your settings in from the flash which probably won't work. Just clear your cmos with jumper all should be well after that.

Thanks The Nemesis or the reply. I did clear the cmos after flash. been doing that about 100 times now and i use the old method to flash, using AWDFLASH.EXE from win98 DOS. still no signal sent to the monitor. I also try the "Recommended/Must method"; romoving batteries, leave it abt 8 hours, pressing INSERT key during boot-up. STill no go. Right now, i'm thinking of hotflash. Do this mobo support hotflash? Worst thing come to worst, i'll just hotswapped the bios. :( . I was so happy seeing 3.1G on my screen before flashing. Well, it's just bad luck i guess.

• 2 weeks later...

R u using a DVI connection? for some reason mine did the same thing and to get it to show the screen i push the menu button on the monitor when i hear the POST beep and then the screen shows but if i don't it stays black you could try that.

• 2 weeks later...
Well the temp issues are fixed when coming out of S3 standby BUT once again the overclocked settings are jacked.

236x11 before S3 standby

193.7x11 after coming out of standby

they seemed to actually make it worse...atleast it would stay at 200x11 when coming out of standby. :rolleyes:

I also think this is a big issue...somewhere (Angry ?) said like "oh..they wont fix that since only a small number of people overclock anyway..."

But then he also writes "these boards are designed for overclocking"

RIGHT ON !

But the bios obviously NOT.

I'd HIGHLY appreciate it if dfi (Oscar) could fix that S3 issue - so it keeps the overclocked values instead of reverting back to default after coming back from S3.