What temps are you guys run'in for bf2?

So as the title suggests, what temps are ppl running while gaming? (specifically bf2)... I think the airflow for my case sux... the difference betwn leaving the case open vs putting the side covers on is about 10 deg !

During gaming it'll sometimes just all of a sudden quit the game entirely in a split second. I go to check the temps and they are kinda toasty. Did the game quit becuz of the temps???

no load temps are idling around 29; 30; 33

just after gaming temps are around 35-39; 40ish; 40-45

everything will cool down relativly quick though

no OC'ing, stock speed and voltages, setup is in sig.

thnx for any thoughts!

My idle temps are CPU/PWIC/Chipset/GPU 30/33/31/34

Stock timings while playing BF2 (using logged temps) 38/37/34/41

Overclocked Video card while playing BF2 (logged temps) 38/38/36/54

All temps logged from MBM5 and ATItool.

X800 GTO stock timing GPU/RAM 400/490

X800 GTO overclocked GPU/RAM 607/546

Stock heatsink on video card with stock timings would reach 74` celsius. I did not have any crashes at this temp. I did get crashes using the supplied driver with my on-board sound. But these crashes would happen within ten seconds of entering a map.

I don't game, but, it seems as though you might have another problem. When I was stress testing my system trying to get my ram setup, I routinely went over 50 and up to 60 and never had the programs shutdown on me.

Have you looked at the event viewer to see if you have any hints there?

So as the title suggests, what temps are ppl running while gaming? (specifically bf2)... I think the airflow for my case sux... the difference betwn leaving the case open vs putting the side covers on is about 10 deg !

During gaming it'll sometimes just all of a sudden quit the game entirely in a split second. I go to check the temps and they are kinda toasty. Did the game quit becuz of the temps???

no load temps are idling around 29; 30; 33

just after gaming temps are around 35-39; 40ish; 40-45

everything will cool down relativly quick though

no OC'ing, stock speed and voltages, setup is in sig.

thnx for any thoughts!

Climbermonkey,

Your idle and load temps actually look good , you should see mine lol .

What are your VGA temps like before during and after gaming ?

Possibly you can use MBM5 to log temperatures during gaming.

Try to use 3dmark05 or 3dmark06 to ensure that your graphics sub-system is stable.

Cheers,

Caspanis

i dont think so i just got myself an ati card and these things get incredibly hot my card at idle atm is 46'C and thats no typo and wen running atitools to test it the temp went up to 88'C then i stopped it.

:eek2: wow those temps are up there!

Is it possible to add stuff/replace your video card heat sink???

yea u get aftermarket coolers but from wat ive gathered the ATI's do get really hot so its not a problem. u can c by my cpu temp that my case cooling isnt a problem so ime not worried. but also bair in mind that my Gcard's fan is self controlled and it runs at 27% and wen it gets to 70'C moves up to 32% then wen it hits 80'C moves to 36% and at 88'C then only does the fan run at 50%, not even full fan speed yet so ime smilling. ill do a test for u. i will over ride the fan controller and make it run at a constant 100% (full fan speed) then ill play BF2 and ill tell u wat the temp is then.