System wont boot up! Help!

"When I turn on my comp, it doesnt load all the way. All the fans turn on but the power light just kep blinking over and over again. I took out the vid card and turned it on again, and it made like a 3 second beep, so I think my mobo is workin since it regnizes the missing vid card. After that I just unpluged everything and pluged it all back in. I reseated all the cards/memory, but I didnt want to mess with the CPU cuz of the thermal paste. Still nothing. I took out my brohters RAM and replaced it, turned it on, nothing. Turned it off and tried it again, then it booted up, but kept restarting when it came to the desktop screen.

Kept turning it off and on till it finnaly loaded the desktop and I was able to transfer a bunch of files and folders I wanted to back-up to a flash drive just in case. I tried to load a game and it crashed. Turned it back on and it worked. Then I replaced the memory with my memory again and it works. It seems ok now, but WTF! There is definitely a problem here and I need to take care of it."

That was me 2 weeks ago. I thought the problem was resolved, but now its back. When I powered up today, everything turned on but nothing apeared on the monitor. On the start-up LEDs, 3 lights stay on. The power light just keeps blinking over and over again.

I cant test my vid card since I dont have another PCI-E one lying around.

Well, I have been using my computer for 9 months, the last 3-4 have been when the problems started showing up. Lately, i have to power on TWICE. On the first power up, it does what its doing now (withought the blinking light). I just turn it off and turn it on again, and its fine. Now its not working.

Everyting is pluged in, and I think it does come with a 24-pin connector.

Actually Im praying its my PSU, becacuse it would be the easiest to replace. Is there any way to make sure that it IS my PSU?

-Update: I cleared the CMOS for 30 seconds and it still didnt help. The power light is still blinking.

You're right. It's backwards compatible.

All 4 power connectors?

Actually, I checked it again, and I have never had the floppy or HD connecters connected. I plug my HD directly into my PSU, and my floppy drive doesnt have that connector, only a the larger "normal" connectors.

I have that same PSU *shiver*

You'll need a multimeter to properly test it. If you don't have one, the easiest solution is to swap out the PSU with one that is confirmed to be working, and verify that way.

The only other one i have in the house is an "Aspire ATX-AS500W 12V", but that doesnt have a 24 pin connector

- What would removing the battery do to the mobo? I just dont want to lose anything on my HD or make the problem worse in any way

- Also, what does the blinking power light mean? Its done that before, but I never knew what it meant when it did that.