Purchasing Problems at Monarch

wingspar

My only experience w/ Monarch wasn't very good either. An "In Stock" item took 5 weeks to get delivered. As noted in another post the telephone customer service agents all told a different story.

I won't buy there again.

With a company as big as Monarch, and probably going thru growing pains, there is bound to be problems and complaints. I tried to get thru to the sales manager several times, but it never happened. I always ended up talking to the guys in sales. There is just no way to get past them, and they are just puppets that can’t make decisions and if you have a problem, they just tell you “our hands are tied, and that’s all they can offer”. I demanded to speak to the supervisor, and was put on hold, and low and behold, the sales guy comes back in a couple of minutes with a different tone of voice (pleasant) and said he just got permission to make a special deal just for me. Yea. Right. But at least I finally got something accomplished. It took 3 weeks to the day. Quite unacceptable. I should be getting ready for the system to be delivered, instead I’ve been dealing with an unpleasant experience and the build hasn’t even started yet, and probably won’t till towards the end of this week. Probably be my only dealings with Monarch.

Used Monarch's Paypal method on the 10th when my video card was in stock. Appearantly, it has been lost or something. Sent a letter of concern, never got a response back. Talked to a monarch rep. here on the forums and he says they will be back in stock on the 27th. So my question is, why hasnt monarch notified me of this? Had to use this forum which has nothing to do with Monarch, its a sepereate entity. Very frustrated with their customer service. Have bought from many places, yet this purchase from Monarch has to be the worst case scenario to date. I do not mean this as a flame, just expressing my experience.

Talked to a monarch rep. here on the forums and he says they will be back in stock on the 27th. So my question is, why hasnt monarch notified me of this? Had to use this forum which has nothing to do with Monarch, its a sepereate entity.

There is a Monarch rep. active here at DFI-Street?

There is a Monarch rep. active here at DFI-Street?

ya who is it? And why has he/she not contact me to alert me to the fact that he/she is a Monarch rep? (all company reps must contact me to let me know they are here on official company business)

wing...here's some good advice for ya.

Let us know exactly where in Oregon you live. We've got so many Oregon residents here at the street that if you live in the Salem/Portland area, I can convince at least 5 different guys to either come to you or have you bring your parts to them and they will GLADLY help you put it all together.

I honestly think you should just forget about the hassle at Monarch and get all of your parts from Newegg/SVC etc and get them all shipped to ya, and then we'll get someone to help you put it together (someone trustworthy lol).

Heck if you live in Eastern Oregon I'll personally come out and help you since I live in Boise, ID.

As Martin and others have said...it really isn't worth the hassle, and you know what I told you in private email.

Angry,

I’m on the south western tip of the Oregon coast right on the ocean about 60 miles north of the Calif boarder. Far away from everything. Photos Here Appreciate your offer to come help, but it’s probably around a 15 hour drive or more. :D I’ll supply the beer and pizza... :)

I do remember what you told me in emails, and I’ve been told that a couple of times here on the forum. Originally I considered building myself, but the more I learned, the more I wanted it done right, and when I found Monarch, I thought, Wow. No other online builder offers the choices of components that Monarch does, but my dealings with Monarch have been a nightmare. I could not find negative words about Monarch in the beginning when I first heard of Monarch, but when you ask around about Monarch, there are plenty of bad experiences with Monarch out there, as with any other large company, and even Newegg has it’s share of dissatisfied customers. What I have learned in the last few months leads me to believe that it would be a good idea to build the darn thing myself, and I am ready to try it. Everything but the board is in stock at the Egg, and the board is in stock at ZZF.

I’ve done some paperwork to get the credit card thing straightened out at Monarch, but if there is just one more hiccup in this process, I will order the parts elsewhere and build myself. The more I think about it, the more I want to try the build myself.

personally I feel it is better to build it yourself as its like learning how to work on cars...if you know how to do it yourself, you don't need anyone else to help you fix it if things go wrong, plus its always better to be on top of your own hardware instead of relying on someone else.

besides...I think you, like most users, have it in your minds that it is so much harder to do than it really is...you read a lot of things at forums like this and think "omg it's just too complex" when in reality...it is only as complex as you make it out to be ;)

besides...I think you, like most users, have it in your minds that it is so much harder to do than it really is...you read a lot of things at forums like this and think "omg it's just too complex" when in reality...it is only as complex as you make it out to be ;)

You are probably right about that. I’m sure there are some parts about building that will stump me, and I may make some mistakes, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. My experience is limited to upgrading ram and installing internal hard drives. Besides, it’s time for a new hobby, and with all this research I’ve been doing since November, I’ve been getting the build bug and, I’m in no rush to get this new computer up and running. I have two computers that run just fine, I just want to move up to a duel core processor.