Expert + 7900GTX Fitting

I'm gonna get a 7900GTX for my new build on the Expert mobo and what wondering how the fitting would be. Looking at pics of the mobo and the card seem like the chipset fan will probably be covered, but then I'm not sure about the SATA connectors or the IDE's. Anyone has experience with that? Or maybe even pics? =D Thanks.

I have an EVGA 7800gtx with acs3 and it fits fine on the Expert. I checked the pdf spec sheet on EVGA's site and the 7900gtx is actually .6mm longer, at nine inches. You will overhang one side of the chipset, but will be fine. The Expert moved the chipset and sata ports so the graphic card sits alongside it. That was the primary reason I moved to the Expert from the SLI-DR. My 7800gtx smothered my chipset and 2 sata ports.

I've got two 7800gt's in SLI on my EXPERT with no problems....chipset gets enough airflow and the sata ports are not blocked.

But I also have a stacker with crosflow fan that really helps keep my chipset temps down......doesn't ever go above 40C.

I have an EVGA 7800gtx with acs3 and it fits fine on the Expert. I checked the pdf spec sheet on EVGA's site and the 7900gtx is actually .6mm longer, at nine inches. You will overhang one side of the chipset, but will be fine. The Expert moved the chipset and sata ports so the graphic card sits alongside it. That was the primary reason I moved to the Expert from the SLI-DR. My 7800gtx smothered my chipset and 2 sata ports.

i was able to use all 4 sata ports, took a minor routing of a sata cable through the video card and a right angle sata cable.... but so far ive had no problems.

I also have 2 7800 gt's (XFX) mounted on an expert board. cards were bought separately and second card is1/2 inch longer than first.

Airflow to chipset is not restricted but it is using warm air from the cards and my chipset temps are around 45>50 degrees. Accvording to Rgone these Temps are acceptable but I am currently waiting on Waterblock for the Chipset.

Personally I think you should fit a fan to cool around cards/chipset directly or watercool the chipset.

Hey technodanvan, how far would your 7900 go if it was on the first slot? Meaning like for example, would it be feasible to still plug regular SATA's in?

Thanks everyone for their input.

Hey technodanvan, how far would your 7900 go if it was on the first slot? Meaning like for example, would it be feasible to still plug regular SATA's in?

It'd be really close, but I think all four would fit. Two for sure would be clear.

Ahh thanks. I heard it was best to install the card on the topmost slot. What difference would there be if any? Also, I would have to sacrifice my front usb ports since it looks like the headers would be covered.

Oh yea I almost forgot, but the board clears the IDE's right?

The sata ports on the expert are situated between the top and bottom slot. You could use either one, no matter the length. The card runs alongside the sata ports, not facing into them. Unless the 7900gtx is wider than my card with ACS3, which I doubt, it will fit.

It better, I'm ordering one on monday.

Edit: Also, on the top slot the card only covers the top quarter or so of the chipset fan.