Newegg.com + 7900GT = NIGHTMARE

UncleDavid218

OK, so I've been giddy like a school girl since Thursday when I ordered my new PNY GeForce 7900GT.

Lastnight I clean my system out, disable SLI, and run the PCI-Express power. All ready for my new card.

I get an e-mail this morning saying it was delivered to my dads work, so on lunch I went to pick it up.

I see the box from Newegg sitting on the counter, waiting to be opened.

I open it, and what do I see?

A PNY.

A GeForce

A 7600GT!

They even charged me for one and it was also on the receipt inside the box, but no 7900GT to be had.

Now I have to go through the process of RMA and it wont be another week until I'm running.

That's not to say don't buy from Newegg, I've done a lot of business of them, but this is really unacceptable.

They are humans, I suppose. So no overclocking. No gaming. No benchmarks. Just 6600GT performance for the next week.

I'm disapointed to say the least.

EDIT: AND TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY, THEY ARE CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK!!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SuppA-SnipA

uhh a 6600gt isnt bad at all ;) just use your pc like you would any day, dont kill yourself over a small thing

OOOOOHHH!! that mustve felt.......... suck. like really suck. its like being 7yr old, on a xmas morning, but by the time u'r ripping the giftwrap under the xmas tree, ur parents said "oops! waitta minute, i forgot today isnt xmas! sorry kid, gotta save the present till next month" kinda thing.........

booyah! that mustve suck.

my sympathy goes to u, Dave....

i dont think he's saying his 6600GT suck, but after all the rebuilds and preparing and getting ready to witness the jump from 6600 to 7900 lol, specially when u actually got the box and opening it...... jeez......that mustve suck.

for RMA, first give them a call! then ask for a form, ussually comes wit the package, no? then follow the instructions. basically u send it back, they send u another one. again.

You can just do the whole RMA process on-line as well. Look into your purchases and look for your latest purchase from Newegg.com and it should have some sort of RMA next to it so you can just go in and explain why and send. Easy as one two three....kiddo!

Note:Beaver, my sig is better, neaner neeaner neaner....lol

I have just had a bad ordeal with Newegg as well.

Ordered a CM Stacker, when it arrived the UPS guy dropped it on the porch and hauled butt. Didnt even ring the bell. When I opened the door I could see why he boogied. There was a huge hole in the side of the box. When I opened the box I found a really nice dent in the side door and in the big mesh vent on the door.

So I called Newegg immediately and talked to their support and told them what happened. They informed me I would have to RMA it back to them and pay for shipping. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

So I then asked if it was possible if they could just send me the windowed door that they sell for the CM Stacker, she said hold on a sec, came back on and told me that would be no problem. I informed them that I would send pics of the hole in the box and the damage to the case. She said it wasnt needed and thank you for the business. I thought to myself Newegg is the best..................Well.........

After that I checked my order status on Newegg and found that they had indeed placed a door to be shipped. Well it sat in there unshipped for 8 days. So I called and asked what the problem was and was informed that these things take 7 to 10 days to process. Cool, no problem.....

On day 12 I went and looked in my order status and the order has dissappeared. The real pisser is that I modded the case and now I cant RMA the damn thing!

I sent them a email, no response...............

So now I'm stuck with a damaged case that I cant send back.

Zip Zoom Fly and SVC are the only people I will deal with from now on.

Newegg has lost not just one customer, but all the people from my BF2 clan as well. And since I have just started my own computer business, they wont see a penny from me again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PISS OFF NEWEGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have just had a bad ordeal with Newegg as well.

Ordered a CM Stacker, when it arrived the UPS guy dropped it on the porch and hauled butt. Didnt even ring the bell. When I opened the door I could see why he boogied. There was a huge hole in the side of the box. When I opened the box I found a really nice dent in the side door and in the big mesh vent on the door.

So I called Newegg immediately and talked to their support and told them what happened. They informed me I would have to RMA it back to them and pay for shipping. GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

So I then asked if it was possible if they could just send me the windowed door that they sell for the CM Stacker, she said hold on a sec, came back on and told me that would be no problem. I informed them that I would send pics of the hole in the box and the damage to the case. She said it wasnt needed and thank you for the business. I thought to myself Newegg is the best..................Well.........

After that I checked my order status on Newegg and found that they had indeed placed a door to be shipped. Well it sat in there unshipped for 8 days. So I called and asked what the problem was and was informed that these things take 7 to 10 days to process. Cool, no problem.....

On day 12 I went and looked in my order status and the order has dissappeared. The real pisser is that I modded the case and now I cant RMA the damn thing!

I sent them a email, no response...............

So now I'm stuck with a damaged case that I cant send back.

Zip Zoom Fly and SVC are the only people I will deal with from now on.

Newegg has lost not just one customer, but all the people from my BF2 clan as well. And since I have just started my own computer business, they wont see a penny from me again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PISS OFF NEWEGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, that was crappy on newegg's part but you should have actually contacted UPS for your money as they are the one's who more than likely put the hole in the box and the dent in your new case. I doubt newegg would have sent that out with a hole and a dent in the side of the case.

If the UPS guy had wrang the bell, I would have refused the shipment right away and sent it back is the deal.

Then Newegg said they would send me a new door. So I modded the case, now no rma

If the package is damaged in transit, you refuse the shipment then newegg will send you another one without you having to pay to shipping back.

And I just looked in my order history, I have spent over $10,000 there!

CYA NEWEGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just bought my new Samsung 940b from Zip Zoom Fly, they beat Newegg by $40 anyway!

Right, the UPS dude more than likely made that hole in the box and dent in the side of your case, which is why he jetted off like he did, so you would not be able to refuse the package. So again, it was crappy that Newegg went through all that and then denied you of it, but it is ultimately UPS's fault and they should have been contacted on the matter.

You have made up your mind though, so oh well. I'm not trying to defend newegg, but why should they RMA something that was more than likely damaged by UPS? Just a thought.