7900GTX is finally out

General Septem

IMO the eVGA step-up program isn't as good as it sounds. You have to buy the video cards directly from them, which is often overpriced.

Whatever dude, its a great deal. Their retail cards are generally not much more than newegg, and they're giving you EXACTLY what you paid for your old card, regardless of current prices.

Tell me how you can go wrong with that.

Exactly. Not doing the step up plan because buying from them is a little more is being penny wise and dollar foolish. My only apprehension is that I don't normally upgrade computer components every 90 days. But that is three months, so I suppose it's not that bad. If I were to buy a card for $600 and then in three months buy a newer card for $601, do I pay just a dollar plus S&H or is it the present market value of the card you already have?

I've made up my mind, I'm going to get the BFG 7900 GTX and sell my BFG 7800 GTX, how much do you think I could get for it? I have all the parts, I don't OC my video cards, and I make sure that they work incredibly well?

I believe I have made up my mind, also. I am purchasing the PNY Verto 7900GTX Limited Edition OC'd. The package includes: a) Metal carrying case, B) Computer tool kit and c) USB drive "512MB"; $524.99.

I have a PNY Verto Ti-4400 128MB, now and it has been a great card. (Core clock 275 OC'd to 302MHz and Memory clock 575 OC'd to 607MHz.) I am playing some of the newer games without a problem; SCCT, Brothers In Arms - Road to Hill 30 and FarCry, etc. [Mobo - ASUS A7M 266-M; Processor 1.4 Athlon; 768MB PC2100 RAM] This is why I am building the box in my sig.

PNY has a 3 year warranty (one year with the purchase and an additional 2 years after registration), which is probably longer than any of us will keep the card any way.

i just bought my 7800gtx before it got released.. TT what a waste.... arrrgghhhh

now i have to break my card.. :mad: :(

what do you think guys? is the 7900gtx worth for the buck? or will the 7900gt do the job well done.. i currently have a bfg 7800gtx and wanted to upgrade to the 7900series. which one am i better off? are there any big difference going to 7900gt from 7800gtx or should i just get the 7900gtx.. :cool:

I just applied to the Evga step up program to get my 7900GTX N570, and trade in my 7800GT. Tho from anandtechs review the 7800gt in sli beats a single 7900GTX, but not by much and only in the higher resolutions. At least I have the option of going 7900GTX SLI in the future.

I'm 67 in que for the card

WOOHOOO!!!!!

I decided on the Superclocked eVGA. It's got the highest clock of all of the 7900GTX cards. Of course by the time I can afford it who knows what will be out. :P

That eVGA is on my short list also, but XFX actually has a higher clocked card: XFX GeForce 7900GTX 512MB DDR3 XXX Edition PV-T71F-YDD (9,R}. These aren't gonna be easy to find, and will probably be priced over $600.

I think I'll wait a few weeks for the dust to settle a bit and prices to stabilize before purchasing either.

ah, the pain. i was going to get a 7900gt and try to sell the 7800gt i currently have, but i realized that was nuts. there is nothing that a 7800gt cannot play well at 1024 mode. the 90 days step up program afterwards is also going to be useless, will be much later this year before the next generation (8***) comes out. Those cards will undoubtedly smoke the current crop, especially if nvidia tosses in 48 shaders like ati. yup, competition is good. gotta love it.

I just realized something, BFG GF 7900 GTX cards are out at Newegg and those cards are selling for a lot on Ebay, I could make $50 profit from selling them there! Got my 7900 gtx for 567, I see them selling for about 620! I could then save that money for better cards down the road! My card is fine as it is, I can't pass up an opportunity like this!