Upgrade to OCZ EB 4000 2gb = problems?

Just upgraded to some OCZ Platinum EB PC4000 2GB and so far nothing but headaches :confused:

at 250mhz games and 3d benchmarks are distorted really badly and its that distortion you get when you o/c ya video card memory too much so I know its gotta be the RAM

My old RAM still works fine and my system runs way more o/c'd normally than it is at 250mhz HTT I usually have it at 290

Well the RAM seems ok at 200mhz 2-3-3-6 but I certainly didnt pay $500AU for that :shake:

The OCZ guys havent responded as of yet but does anyone know what could be causing it?

Ive tried the suggested settings from the OCZ forum and many many others but nothing at 250 works

voltage is at 2.7v

Mine do up to about 267 before I see errorrs, but yeah, judging from what I've seen lesser memory do, I'm not real knocked out for $300.00. Are you running them at 3-3-8-2 at 250MHz? What does your actual dram voltage show in bios? When I set mine at 2.8v it shows as 2.72 at 2.7v it shows as 2.6 about .1 lower than what I set it.

I'm running at friggin 200mhz 2-3-3-6

If I go even 1 or 2 mhz above 200 it crashes Ive tried the settings from the above link and I get major graphics corruption so im back to friggin 200mhz

really really pissed off I blew $500AU on this crap

Just a thought but it may not be your memory at fault here. I had a 3000+ core with various memory configurations that topped out at 233Mhz memory frequency. Later found a better 3200+ that ran 250Mhz 1:1. Same memory, same cpu core, same E3 memory controller but the E3 controller on the 3200+ was just that much better. It was a very nice chip.

[quote

The OCZ guys havent responded as of yet but does anyone know what could be causing it?

Ive tried the suggested settings from the OCZ forum and many many others but nothing at 250 works

voltage is at 2.7v

RMA it, the stick got to be bad OCZ warranty is great do not get frustrated just send them back for another set of sticks.

I had to lower my FSB and raise the multipliers to work..both the cpu and the ram multipliers. Now I'm cooking, but I had alot of problems with high...like 290x10....whereas 220x13 is great. Had to go to 7-6 or 5-4 on the ram though to get near speed