Upgrade to OCZ EB 4000 2gb = problems?

These sticks are state of the art for 2 GBs.

It has been proven by Angry and others that Timing means squat and speed means every thing.

The bottle neck is the controller not the memory.

If you do some research you will find that for 2 GBs of mem 3,3,2,8 @ 1T is king at 250FSB.

AND no 4 sticks of any thing will beat it for 2 GBs of mem.

well Ive spent 5 days on settings etc and getting advice from OCZ and every other forum around

nothing works at DDR500 at all not even the absolute loosest timings plus I certainly would not settle for that anyway I could have spent $200 less for performance like this

huge waste of time and money so far and OCZ just want me to send them to the US for testing from Oz so thats like a month downtime on my PC, no chance of that its my work PC

Guest hengehog

Guys, What you are all talking about is way over my head, but at least you all seem to be running (or considering running) 1GB RAM sticks.

I have Corsair XMS 3200 PT (thought that they were C2 version originally, but turns out not after all) & was wondering what timings I have to set up.

As I'm new to the art of overclocking (but willing to learn), I was wondering if anyone could also point me in the direction of what all these particular settings in the DRAM setup mean & relate to (I understand some but not all settings). I could just try for myself, but it would be nice if someone could give me some pointers as to what to try & why.

I have Opty 144 CACJE (had 0545 BPMW CABNE originally but it was damn well DOA) & would ideally like to get somewhere around 2.4 - 2.5 Ghz (275 FSB) - without having to fork out another load of money on more RAM if possible.

What timings would anyone recommend for this RAM?

Hope to hear from anyone soon.

Russ