Broken Arm

Bassdude1000

Hey, I broke my arm at a soccer game on sat, possibly cracking the growth plate in my left wrist. So as i sit and perfect one-handed typing (im guessing im about 25-30 wpm, with about 1.5x's as many errors), I was wondering how many other OCC members have broken bones that hindered their ability to mod/OC/lan or just anything else you do. Like me I have to drive my sisters subaru, not having power-steering in my car makes it a bit tough to drive for now.

Hey, I broke my arm at a soccer game on sat, possibly cracking the growth plate in my left wrist.  So as i sit and perfect one-handed typing (im guessing im about 25-30 wpm, with about 1.5x's as many errors), I was wondering how many other OCC members have broken bones that hindered their ability to mod/OC/lan or just anything else you do.  Like me I have to drive my sisters subaru, not having power-steering in my car makes it a bit tough to drive for now.

i broke my left arm 2 times and right once and leg once all at different time.. and not pretty breaks either... hope you get well soon, 4/6 weeks may be a good time to pick up a book but i think you should be fine working on the pc.. after a week or 2 when you get better use of yoru fingers .. even though the cast they should still be able to hold a little.. anyways. get well.

Edited by C0DE

I broke a growth plate in my leg. I was wrestling around with some guy and the bone actually broke from being pulled apart, not from a blow or shock. That sure did make one nasty POP. Of course this was when I was 12, so not having gone through my growth spurts yet it had an affect on that. One foots now bigger than the other.

bah that sucks... did you go down like a champ??? I quit playin soccer

this year and Im all getting fat now but I was tellin someone 2day how a few years

ago we played some team the next town over and this guy who was like 6 feet tall

just totally knocked me over from behind as the ball was comin to me...

like I think someone kicked the ball up field and I was forward (though

I'm ussually defense... I own at sweep...) and the guy like ran up and knee'd

me in the back or somethin and I fell down and they didnt call it or anything...

so he took the ball and like made a turn and started headin up the right side

which we were already close to and I got up real quick and he was running past me about 10 feet away (cause he had 2 go back for the ball or somethin cause it was in the air) and I got up really quick and sprinted to him and sly-tackled him really hard on the back/outside of his ankle and he fell on top of me and I hurt

my back and I had to be taken out cause my back was killin me after that...

I think they may have given him a kick for that but I didnt care...

just cause Im 5'1 doesnt mean Im gonna take anything from some 6ft tall

gimp who sucks at soccer in the first place... heh

Lets see broke my foot once practiicng for baseball. Walked on it two weeks went to doc and he didnt find the prob for another two weeks. Ontop of that it took another six months to heal. Right now im waiting till im 1 to get suregery on my acl and miniscus but none of this effects my game.

all my fingers and both thumbs (not all at once), bone in right foot, left ankle, a few toes, 3 ribs, nose, torn catadige in both knees at least 5 times (been scoped that many times), pinched nerve in the back, dislocated shoulder, buised the BONE in my left hip (and who said cross country isn't a contact sport never ran against me).

yeah, played LOTS of sports in highschool alone :) fall: Football (d-end, and wide reciever/full back) and cross country. winter: basketball (highschool team and rec league). spring/summer: baseball, track and field. If I wasn't hurting from something I wasn't having a good time.

If I wasn't hurting from something I wasn't having a good time.

Man I hear you...Playing soccer and track pretty much year-round, you have an almost constant pain of twisted knees, rolled ankles, shinsplints, etc. Although this is the first thing that has put me out entirely for a prolonged time, because playing soccer with a cast is not allowed.