Slipstreaming Windows Service Packs

Kaedan94

Hey, sorry if this has been asked before, I just wanted a up-to-date response if possible:

How important is it to slipstream Windows SP2 and/or 3 into my Windows XP disc? I have an old disc that just has SP 1 integrated and in the past I've just installed with this disc and then downloaded the SP updates. Will not slipstreaming cause issues with this board? Also, the guides written before are somewhat old and only talk about SP2. I assume that if I do need to slipstream I need to slipstream SP3 in as well or instead? Just wondering if this is a necessary procedure or if I can just update after install. Thanks in advance.

I always use slipstreamed SP2, as a minimum you can use SP1 which is ok for disk sizes (can handle hd >137gb) but excludes Directx 9 & USB2

As far as i'm aware SP3 is not coming out just yet. Service Pack 3 will arrive after Vista is released, according to Microsoft France so the guides yoou've seen using sp2 are good 2 go (for awhile anyway :) )

luck :)

As far as i'm aware SP3 is not coming out just yet.

:shake: After I posted I realized that the only reason I thought of SP3 was because of Office XP. Thanks for the response. So I would have trouble installing Windows XP on my 250 GB SATA without slipstreaming SP2?

It's ok got me thinking

I thought of SP3 was because of Office XP
bin upto other things recenly thought i'd missed 1 :):rolleyes: .

Don't think you'd particularly have difficulties using your SP1 disk, but quiet honestly slipstreaming is easy & saves live update running for ever when all you want to do is get on.

there is absolutely zero reason, no matter what some may argue, for you to NOT have SP2

slipstreaming it and then installing windows is the best and easiest way

installing windows then updating to SP2 is ok but not as good as the previous method

but again, there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO REASON for you to avoid SP2.

Thanks Angry. I was gonna get SP2 no matter what, just curious whether I needed to have it slipstreamed into my install disc. I got ISObuster and did the integrating earlier today. I'm glad I did, since I'm sure it will save me a lot of time. ^^

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I am new here...

I slipstreamed sp2 and the latest nvidia drivers 6.83 for my mobo.

But, It does not work. I get an error when XP try to reboots after copying files.

If i use a slipstream sp2 with sata promise drivers it works....

How come?