Worst Day Of Work Possible

bigred

Work itself wasn't bad. but having to take my fiance's 3yr old neice to work with me all day was rough. She was supposed to be picked up last night from another weekend of babysitting. well we can't get ahold of the little one's mother :( via cell or home phone, and noone is home either. I had planned on dropping the little darling off on my way to work this moning... but since noone was there she had to spend the day with me at work. if we can't return her to the proper owner this evening she's going with my fiance to work since a 1st grade classroom is better suited to a 3yr old than an office like mine.

she did manage to walk around opening cdrom drives and take cd's out a few times durring installs today :( just a minor problem. she also kept shutting my desktop off at work... while I was trying to paperwork, and collected power cords. so you can se why I'm ready to beat my head into the wall now.

what do you do with them? it's not like you can yell at her. she just starts crying and I feel bad about that. and I'm not going to spank her... cuz she's too little to understand that. it's fine to deal with her at home, just put a disney movie in and she'll sit there thru the movie 4 or 5 times in a row.

she's stuck with us for a few days now :( her mother got picked up on DUI #3 last night and is in lock up. since michigan has a 3 strike rule on DUI's this may not be good for the little one. and her father is useless. noone has seen him since 3 days after thier wedding when he took off with some other woman.

I guess it's a learning experience since I've got a kid on the way and have never had to deal with one for long periods of time. Oh well, she's not going to work with me agian... it's off to see my mother at work who teaches pre school or off with my fiance to first grade a little early.