2GB RAM = 166MHz? Or full 200MHz?

I was wanting to replace my two 512MB modules with two 1GB modules. I read in the manual that it'll revert to DDR333 speeds, but I can move it back to DDR400. Now is this guaranteed, or is there a chance it'll screw up and HAVE to be run at DDR333 to be stable? Wouldn't want to waste any time or cash if it's going to be stuck at 166MHz.

So, has anybody had any experience with putting 2GB into this board?

I'm running 2x1G. After inserting the modules into dimms 1 & 3, I cleared CMOS, booted into the BIOS, set Optimized Defaults and rebooted. The sticks came up as DDR 400. However, my Rev. CG memcontroller cannot handle the 2 sticks on a 1:1 much past 225 HTT. I'm running 10x264 with the memory on the 166 divider. My RAM is at 220 FSB, 2.0, 3,2,5 1T and very happy. One of the drawbacks of the S754 chip set and mem controller is that you may not see high 1:1 overclocks, especially with 2x1G sticks. One stick of 512, either BH-5 or TCCD, look out ! You can run well into the 250's 1:1. However, with 2 sticks 1G, try for high cpu cycles, a divider and tight RAM timings. No penalty for that.

Guest Dynamic

You can go and buy a pair of 2GB kits and have them run at any speed as you desire. Just because one user is having problems running his memory at a 1:1 ratio doesn't mean you'll have the same issue. You'll just need to do some homework and go into the STOCK/OVERCLOCKING database and see which pair of memory that you've bought does what if they have it. Here is an article that you can read to give you an idea for some good memory, sort of expensive though....

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/memory/di...gb-roundup.html

Note:I've heard there is a pair of 2GB memory modules from G-Skillz PC4000 less then $200 that some users here have been successful with. Do a search...good luck!

Is it better to have them in 1 & 3 rather than 1&2? I have 2x1Gb in slots 1 & 2 running at DDR400 and noticed its still on single channel.
the nf3 chipset is a sangle channel only chipset. if you wanted to run dual channel, which doesn't give you much of any advantage, you would have to of bought an nf4 939 chipset. only true advantage of running a 939 chipset is the dual core cpu's and the SLI/Crossfire vid options.

TGM

in some cases the cpu's memory controller will like certain DIMM slots over others, no one knows why. so you ca nexperiment with which every mem slots you want until you find the best config.

but yah, there's no absolute way to place the DIMM's unlike the Dual Channel memory conroller on the 939 mobos.

TGM