LAN not working?

Everything was running smoothly until I tried to get online. First, I tried the Vitesse connection at the top. I put in my Comcast cable modem wizard CD and off I went. During this time, Windows said that there were some updates to be installed, which I thought was a good sign. I thought that since my comp was communicating with Micros**t and downloading updates, then my LAN would be fine. Wrong.

When I am in the Comcast Cable Modem wizard, it has a screen that automatically checks for a Network Adapter and Connectivity. Marvell shows up in the Adapter blank, but then there is no connectivity. Vitesse shows up in neither. Although, they both have packets moving on the My Network Connections tab, Marvell has such a small amount that the system prompts me that it is an insufficient connection or something to that extent. Vitesse has a lot of packets moving but I still can't seem to connect to anything.

I downloaded the network drivers off of the DFI disk for both of these, I believe. I even tried some of the nForce drivers after nothing else had worked.

I hear that many people are having trouble with the LANs on these boards, though I think most are fairly simple/easy to fix. What should I do next? What is the next step?

welllll...

1) make sure that you did not install the nvidia firewall. it comes with the chipset drivers and is total and complete crap that will break most of your networking abilities.

2) If you're plugged into the Marvell line, then this sounds like an issue that you need to take up with your internet provider. call their tech support and have them walk through the setup of your network properties and such. I'd do it, but it's all relative to the type of connection you have, and this isnt really the place to solve connectivity issues.

How do you reset the modem? By the way, I can hook the cable modem right up to this computer and it goes fine. When I plug it into the DFI, same problem as stated above. I went to the Marvell website to see if I could download the new drivers, but I couldn't tell which one it was. I just put the Marvell product number in but non of the choices seemed right.

What's the next step? I would really like to get this thing working, because then the system will be optimal!

Marvel Lan driver at bottom of page...

But you got to figure out what Lan you are using. And tell us. You were also asked if you loaded the Nvidia Firewall when you installed the chipset drivers. The NAM (network access manager was installed IF you installed the NVFirewall. And that was menu'd to you after the chipet drivers were installed.

Need to know for real what you are doing and have done.

RGone... :confused:

I didn't install nVidia Firewall or any of the nForce stuff. I am currently trying to use the Marvell LAN because I heard that people were having better success with it. However, the Vitesse does not work either. It would be REALLY nice if I could get both of them working so that I could run a line to this computer with the cable modem running into the one that I am trying to work on.

I did, finally, find the marvell driver. I haven't installed it yet, though. I will probably try that later tonight.

Like I said, though, I recieved Windows Updates, so it has to be working to some extent, right? On the Vitesse I can see a good amount of packets moving back-and-forth, but still cant get connectivity. On the Marvell, there is such a low amount moving that it says there is insufficient connectivity (or something to that effect.)

Thanks for the help, again. I'm trying to remember/make it clear what I have and have not done...

Go into device manager and tell us what you see, are any of you network cards flagged? Do an ipconfig what IP do you get. There is a lot of basic trouble shooting you seem to have missed here. can you ping any www site? what does your event viewer show, any network errors?