Memtest looping test 5 no error, tes 8 giving errors, what gives ?

Was just browsing the thread, someone mentioned active cooling on the ram. I usually visualize active cooling being associated with a fan or watercooling & passive being associated with just a heatsink/heatspreader/heatpipe anything that doesn't have to be moved/powered to cool.

Just for my own information what are you refering to when you say better active cooling for ram? Is it a fan blowing over them, or better airflow? If there is a strange device besides a heatspreader what do you recommend? I've always heard the ram runs cool enough to not really need a heatspreader anyway and watercooling ram is just a waste of your waterflow and more or less just to show off. I'm very interested what can be done to help the memory perform better.

Active cooling on the ram is just placing a fan over it. At default vdimm you don't need it but if your pumping 3.1v+ into it, you do. It gets very hot and can error if it's too hot.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Among these BIOS, which one is more suited to the pair of TwinMOS AA4T Winbond UTT CH5 512MBx2 sticks in my system : Hellfire 3EG Rev 1, Hellfire 3EG Rev 2, Hellfire 3EG Rev 3, Hellfire 131 Rev1, Hellfire 131 Rev2, Hellfire 8KA, Hellfire C18, Oskar Wu Beta BIOS 1.31, Oskar Wu Beta BIOS 12.18, TicTac 6-19XT

I used Tic-Tac's 6-19XT when i toastered and do as a rule still use it. At the moment though i'm using Hellfire's 3EG REV3 because i'm trying to get to 255fsb prime stable, still have'nt managed it yet but you never know.

Rather than Prime95, can i use SP 2004 as a lengthy stability test ? Especially the Large FFT for stressing the RAM. Because i don't have Internet connection at home.

KitFit 1, your inputs and suggestions are appreciated, thank you very much :). Are you saying that Hellfire 3EG BIOS are faster than TicTac 6-19XT's ? And your RAM, is it UTT CH5 or the original BH/CH5 ?

Rather than Prime95, can i use SP 2004 as a lengthy stability test ? Especially the Large FFT for stressing the RAM. Because i don't have Internet connection at home.

Yes, can't see any reason why not

KitFit 1, your inputs and suggestions are appreciated, thank you very much :). Are you saying that Hellfire 3EG BIOS are faster than TicTac 6-19XT's ? And your RAM, is it UTT CH5 or the original BH/CH5 ?

No i'm not, it's just that i Toastered with Tic-Tac's 6-19XT and i can't get it Prime stable at 255fsb with it so i'm trying Hellfire's 3EG-REV3 at the moment. It primes a bit longer but it's not actually there yet either. My ram is UTT-CH5

Seen guy's running utt-bh5 @3.6 vdimm 250fsb t2 vmod. The ch5 likes nf2 alot better. I don't think that adding more voltage help's much after a point. I think sumptin's up with utt-bh5 and nf2 myself. But some poeple can get it to werk.(I'm not one of those poeple) But for nf2 ch5 is much better. One fellow ("Uwackme") Has posted that his vmodded infinity uses 3.45 vdimm for 250+fsb.@XS (I think I remember that right) Using utt-ch5. I believe ocz pc4000VX.

(I could be wrong though,I sure hope I don't misquote him!) Kitfit has done exceptionally well with his. (First and only toaster here w/vx) It's taken a coupla' rma's though. I RMA'd mine til "newegg" told me they quite stockin' it anymore.LOL. Then I realized my board may have other problem's. Took me long enough!(I think I might have rma'd a good stick!(1)) LOL(Ooops!) Memtest8 errors hummm.... Mine would error only in test 7 SC

and test 5 DC. never seen error's in test8 except on one really really bad stick of VX.

But I did much better w/vx(Utt-ch5),than the gx(utt-bh5). Sorry if off topic. "Clay"

Glad I could help.(If I did LOL) Looks like yer' running about where I was as far as prime stable fsb.(yer' doin' abit better. yer' processor is abit more nifty on vcore than mine heh)

One fellow @XS bought 6 sticks of vx(Utt-ch5) And found out of those only 2 would do 250 the other 4 maxed out 245. My best prime stable was 242 (But I had 1 bad stick failed memtest @223 sc) The other was good to 245.(More maybe I've since discovered I've got some board troubles) I switched to tccd for a time on it and discovered trouble in dual channel. So I'm back to playin' w/utt-bh5) Got an nf4 in the works when that's squared up. I'll pull the infinity and see if we can fix it. LOL I really like the nf2 forum better,than nf4 too many poeple there. Too many post per' day to keep track of all the threads. I really like this nf2 forum!

I try to flash my MoBo with TicTac 6-19 XT LPb BIOS, but in awdflash program, it said that the file isn't a match for my MoBo (ofcourse, Infinity is not LPb). So, what should i do next, press enter anyway ? I use RGone command line in his long CCMOS BIOS flashing guide.

My question is, what is the right method of flashing Infinity board with LPb BIOS ? Any suggestion would be very appreciated. :)