help please!!!

System freezes at boot after short beep indicating inital boot process successful. With both DRAM sticks in memory test freezes at 1024K OK. With one stick in memory test passes but still freezes shortly thereafter (after displaying NVMM version and such). Have cleared CMOS, tried safe mode, and disconnected non critical components, to no avail. Help please as I critically need my system in the coming week.

Guest Dynamic

How long have you had your components? Is this the first initial installation? Have you tested and tweaked your memory timings and cpu? You should look into the database for stock/overclock timings and voltages for your memory. Which slots are you installing your memory in, Orange or Yellow?

I have had the system for almost a year now. recently the system would give me the long beep codes indicating no memory even when i simply restarted or shut down and turned back on. So I cleared the CMOS. Now, I have this problem. DRAM is in orange slots.

In terms of timings/votages etc. this is all on a cleared CMOS, and keep the system crashes before I have the chance to get into the BIOS...

The situation seems to be deteriorating. When I hold down TAB, sometimes the system will continually go through boot process, restarting itslef until it gets to 1 red led, short beep and then restarts...

Guest Dynamic

You do have all the power connectors installed that are required? I hope you're trying to figure this out at stock speeds! Test each memory with the tweaked timings and voltages with Memtest86 for 10hrs. Setup only one harddrive/optical drive for your windows installation. So crowd things up with the testings. How are your rails on that Powerstream doing? Check them or adjusted them lately?

I really don't think it's the RAM. Motherboard is what is causing problems (not detecting ram, BIOS freezing, perpetually restarting...) If i thought it were the RAM i would be posting on OCZ forums. Like I said, CMOS HAS BEEN CLEARED!! all settings are stock default from factory. I CANNOT EVEN ENTER THE BIOS!!! System crashes before I can do anything, even after passing memory test with 1 stick in. this is definately a motherboard issue.

I also made sure the rails are all green (no over/under voltages). Motherboard beeps once (like on normal boot) and 1 red LED remains. Sometimes if I hold tab i can see the BIOS screen (instead of obnoxious LANPARTY logo) and see memory test has PASSED.

Guest Dynamic

See what did i tell you, try it my way or lose yourself with hours of trial and error when it was just one simple thing. Hope everything works out for you, take care.....

Note:Hope your memory goes through okay with the RMA process.....

Sounds like a good excuse to snag up a G.Skill PC4000 2X1gb kit, and sell those OCZ sticks once you get your RMA squared away and the new memory arrives.

I love OCZ memory, but I think I'm gonna love this new G.Skill stuff even more.