Quote of the day, thread.

Guest Joalaielna_merged

@MoJo, BlueOval, Ugly: I teach at a high school in the Bronx, so I obviously have much to say on the topic of education. If y'all want to continue this conversation, start up a new thread and I'll chime in. Otherwise, I will keep my very strong opinions to myself. Come to think of it, it's probably best that way!

@ixtapalapaquetl: I did not mean to imply that I think educators - solely or as a group - are to blame for the state of society today. The problem originates with everyone and stems from the thinking of "me first". Here's one for you in the way of an apology.. ;) "Genius without education is like silver in the mine." ~Benjamin Franklin

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off Topic

@ Joalaielna

Cool thread.

@ Ixtapalapaquetl, BlueOval, & Ugly

I don’t want to hijack or open Pandora’s box. There are many things (pro and con) we can opine on concerning the educational system domestically and worldwide. I have several issues. I agree that this is not the thread for it. That being said:

On Topic

“To reach the summit, you first have to learn how to sum it.”

Anonymous

I think its from the bible?yeah... proberly.... dont know what chapter.. i think genesis?

"Ask and you shall receive"-God or Jesus or prophets.... who knows..

edited

"Ask and ye shall receive"

oh God, please drop 2 Geforce7900GTX from the sky tonite..... right behind the house. and can u put it on a foam box.... so it doesnt get damage during the drop.... THANKS!!

back to topic:

"Just kill 'em all, let God sort them out" - (many)

umm, that movie with the black actor... uhh, man on fire. GREAT F**KING MOVIE~~~!!!!

a spanish man, whos appartment has just been raided by this large black man, says to the black man as he puts together a bazooka.

"why cant you just forgive him, it is gods way"

black mans response "forgiveness is between them and god, i just set up the mettings"

he then proceeds to firing at a really nice all black ranger rover.

what a movie...