How Do You Find The Weak Point Of You Comp?

nelsma292

I was wondering how to go about finding the bottleneck in your computer. That is, which component, could be upgraded, to insure that everything is running at about it's max without spending piles of dough. Here's my poor comp's specs.

Gigabyte GA-7VA, 1.8 GHZ AMD, Radeon 9500(non pro), 60 gig HD, 512 PC(2700).

What brand of memory do you have...generally RAM is the cheapest way to upgrade...I see you have a half gig of pc2700, which is alright...depending on what brand of RAM you got can make some difference (top brands like Kingston) but really, your system looks fine...

All you're really missing is the raid connectors and Sata,and to tell you i'm not one of those either i have raid and not using them.

I'd upgrade (if you have the dough) to a 2500+other than that it looks good ;)

Yeah I would say your system is quite alright. To some its not really worth upgrading yet unless you want every last little bit of performance out of your machine. Otherwise the cost vs performance really isn't worth it too much. You really won't visually see the difference upgrading now. However maybe start saving up for when the Athlon 64 comes out, cause you'll need a chip, mobo, probably RAM, and who knows what else. Plus a 64 bit OS to go with them :)