amd X2 3800+ dual core overclocking

AlanD911

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On average the 3800 sould clock from around 2.4-2.8Ghz.

Altho this isnt garanteed, I could get mine to 2.4Ghz with 1.325v Prime Stable. Just

keep increasing and upping the Vocre if unstable. Als OC the ram seprate then u will see if its the CPU which is letting u down if it fails Prime etc.

Use Prime over Super PI mate for a long term test.

goo luck.

How the hell do you manage to undervolt and overclock the chip at the same time? :drool:

• 1 month later...
So does anyone have a solution to this video game restarting? Does this sound like a memory problem or a cpu problem

I had this same problem when running some Corsair pc3200c2 2x512 memory when play BF2 and such games. I was clocking my sig specs with the memory I just listed @ 2.82 Turns out the mem voltage was just too low for my current FSB setting, so I just kept bumping it up to 3.2 actual...ran it that way for a year or so without any failures or issues. However if you are near your CPU max you need to make the decision whether to raise you memory voltage to perform with you CPU or to drop the FSB to meet you memory. It depends on how lucky you are and how much money you have. :nod:

I personally like to push all components to their max, because I feel it is a waste to discard or upgrade from perfectly great operating components. We pay for the life expectancey and performance in these products...especially since we are always wanting the best bang for our buck...why not push them until they die and then upgrade...so much more fun that way. :D