amd X2 3800+ dual core overclocking

AlanD911

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this really does not make sense. I increased the CPU voltage to 1.325 and now it's not freezing. How does this make any sense? The cpu was stable at 1.3 volts in prime 95 with affinity's set for 26 HOURS STREIGHT! how is this possible?

Ok I have clocked the cpu to 2.4 and it has run prime95 stable with the cpu running at 100%. I am now having a strange problem, and I believe it is with the ram. I have run the ram at 2.5-3-3-8 in memtest using all of the tests overnight and it has passed all of the tests. Also the ram setting has passed OCCT and all of the 3d mark tests. However the computer freezes when I run the game world of warcraft when I enter the iron forge city. What could this problem be? The dram is at 2.66 also

2.6v for BH-5 is really low. Try to up it to 3.2 or so. BH-5 likes juice. Which divider are you using? Mine is at 3.5v (with a fan over the dimms) running 245.5 2-2-2-5 (as in my sig)

Just keep playing with it till you hit that sweet spot. I was able to hit 2750 stable but my heat was too high for my liking and I was a smidge over 1.5 volts. Much happier at 2550 with low heat (esp with the buggy temps with these board).

GL!

2.6v for BH-5 is really low. Try to up it to 3.2 or so. BH-5 likes juice. Which divider are you using? Mine is at 3.5v (with a fan over the dimms) running 245.5 2-2-2-5 (as in my sig)

I don't believe I have BH-5 , I believe it's TCCD.

Raise it more ,you can go up to about 1.5v without worrying. Just noticed cooling if WC you can go to 1.6 but I run at 1.55V

Yup 1.5 is the safe range i'm just concerned about the heat. Dual core cpus run really hot at full load so I want to try and keep it as low as possible yet still stable. Do you think I should add some voltage to the tccd ram also?