Direct X X

nitemareglitch

That is a great video thanks for the link. the best thing is that is not even new that is an old vido though the version I viewed was lower quality. The question is how high of a quality machine are we going to need to play games that look like that!

That is a great video thanks for the link. the best thing is that is not even new that is an old vido though the version I viewed was lower quality. The question is how high of a quality machine are we going to need to play games that look like that!

Good question, I was thinking the same thing when I ran across this page quite some bit ago.

Ageia PPU

I think THIS is how we will be able to play these games. CPU and GPUs are starting to get maxed out. I think that with a current gen gpu and one of these is all we would need. AND Holy crap! When I first saw this page not too long ago these people did not even have ONE game developer mentioned on the site. NOW check it out. Looks like several developers are all into this stuff!!

Erm I thought there will be no Direct X 10... Direct X 9 is the last version of Direct X so I was told a few month back.

The next set of Windows graphics subsystems isnt even called Direct X...

its Called Windows Graphics Framework (WMF)

WMF apparently isnt backwards compatible with Direct X (unlike Direct X9 which is backwards thru all versions of DirectX) WMF is totally new and not even direct X related.

Edit I was wrong sorry.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Graphics_Foundation

Never mind my ramblings...

ooh.......f**kkk mee......

crap. i just overclocked a $700+ newly built rig and run 3Dmark06 and play COD2 in full details and i WAS happy......

now i just feel like the owner of a geforce4 ti4200 cards in the day when 6800 ultra is released...... f**K man......

i WANT to play games like that.....and ALL OF US HERE wants it too, but do we have to spend more $$$$ , AGAIN?

*shrug*

6 months is about the time it takes for a killer rig to become outdated!

All depends. All I do with this is surf the web, and play BF2. I think it will be fine for 2 years given the fact that the next BF will be out. Maybe then I will upgrade.