NO Boot--4 LEDs

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, looking at the dates in this thread, that was one LONG BIOS clear! Seriously, though, if you want some info about pulling a BIOS chip or hot flashing, take a look at biosmedic.com. That is run by Tmod, a respected member here, and he gives some very helpful info. He will also reprogram your BIOS chip or sell you a spare. BTW, I find the best way to remove a BIOS chip is with a straightened out paper clip with a tiny bend on one end. Works better than chip pullers for me.

Yer man this has been a long issue for me! I tried the really long Clear and it still didnt work so I will remove the chip later this morn and report back! Thanks for all the help and the link as well!

Well, where do you live bro? Then the only way to go is to get yourself a new preflashed bioschip. But.....

DFI's service is really really great. I live in the netherlands and i emailed dfi the dutch dfi branch over here in rotterdam and explained the problem. They just send me a new preflashed bioschip for free. So maybe that'll work for you too. Seems like the best thing to do right now.

Keep us updated with your plans etc. okay?

Great to be back on the forums again by the way.

So then we can totally conclude that I need a new BIOS chip?

I will email them to get a new one at cost or no cost, I would like to know if you guys think that it will fix it!!

I wait for opinon!

pc1600 is the 100mhz(DDR200), pc2100=133(DDR266) "Shinobi's" trick works sometimes you want pc2100 for that. Sometime's a hotflash will do it. Sometimes a new bios chip will work.(Sometimes nothing will work,I don't like sayin' that. but perhaps if it's the case you should be prepared. ) For a new bios chip contact DFI.Or you can email Angry_Games. Or you can ask "Tmod" for a reflashed chip you'll find his sig in the bios factory. Is Important that you edit your sig with where you live so we can help ya'.

"Clay"

Edit: Okay whatever works. But it may have been cheaper to ask "Tmod"

PLEASE DO NOT POST OUR EMAIL ADDRESSES IN OPEN FORUMS. WE GET SPAM. WE DO NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN OPEN FORUMS SO PLEASE RESPECT OURS.

THIS IS A WARNING FROM THE ADMINS