[RESOLVED] Help! Karajan Sound Adapter Disappeared From System??

i've had problems with the audio module too, have not been able to get mic to work im gonna rma the board and see if a new one fixes the problem i've been posting on here for a week and none of the experts even responded

I know I havn't gotten too many meaningful peeps either. I guess I'll have to return this board, I've tried everything I can think of:

1) flashed the latest mobo bios

2) unplugged and resat karajan module (several times)

3) reinstalled ac'97 drivers

4) reinstalled nforce4 chipset drivers

5) got latest versions of chipset and ac'97 drivers.. no dice

I even yelled and screamed at it for a bit.. but that didn't help =/.

Friend of mine returned his board and the RMA turn around process took nearly 2 1/2 months.. dangit.

Can anyone think of something else I could try?

-w

Don't buy another sound card - just any PCI sound card you can find and throw it in there. I'm wondering if that would cause windows to find new hardware again.

before you do that, can you Right Click on your computer in device manager and click on "scan for hardware"? maybe that would get windows to start searching for any "new" devices (even though it was installed before).

If that doesn't work, see if you can get a friend to lend u a PCI sound card, or buy a cheapo one from Frys or CompUSA - return it once ur done.

I have yet to OC mine yet - waiting for my RAM. So far, stock, it's freezing cold! 38*C under full load, and around 28*C idle.

I'm 99% certain a pci sound card would work.. the problem with the karajan module is it doesnt even recognize the device is there (doesn't show up as unknown or anything device manager).. ive resat the device.. uninstall/reinstalled drivers several times already. I'm going back to school and I want this prob remedied asap so I'm taking it into the shop i bought it at (along with my UV acrylic case.. what a bitc*..).

The fact that it did work for a couple days after the build and then just disappeared leads me to believe it's a defective part because I hadn't made any system wide changes in that time.

So thanks I guess.. sounds like a lot of people have been having issues with this module.. perhaps DFI should think about taking a look at this issue.

Cheers,

-w

im sure pci card will work and if you get one you will thank your ears the on board sond on this board is pretty nasty sounding 2 more days till i get my new sound card its so much different from my audigy 2 ..never thought a pc would shout POW at you while playing a game instead of making a gun noise...but hey thats just my two cents ^_^

If the OS isn't detecting a sound device there are three possibilities.

The OS has failed and the HAL can't find the sound hardware.

The device has stopped functioning.

The device is turned off in BIOS.

Karajan is the name of the module that the sound hardware is mounted too. Depending upon the drivers loaded you will either see nVidia or RealTek sound devices in Device Manager.

So I take it that forcing Windows to search for new hardware still did not produce any results?

If I encounter this issue, my remedy would probably just to pick up a X-Fi. That'll give me an excuse, lol.

If the OS isn't detecting a sound device there are three possibilities.

The OS has failed and the HAL can't find the sound hardware.

The device has stopped functioning.

The device is turned off in BIOS.

Karajan is the name of the module that the sound hardware is mounted too. Depending upon the drivers loaded you will either see nVidia or RealTek sound devices in Device Manager.

I just lost my onboard sound this morning.

It isn't OS because i've tried a fresh windows

the device is turned on in windows.

In control panel i have no sound device and the same in device manager....

Nvidia drivers dont install because windows doesnt detect any hardware.

I'm running x64, the fresh windows i tried was xp pro SP2.

I've tried plugging in a PCI soundcard, that was recognised, but windoze didnt pick up on the Karjan.

Is my karjan dead?

Right, managed to ge tthis sorted.

I disabled Onboard in bios,

Driver cleaner on the Nvidias,

Installed a pci soundcard,

rebooted & enabeled onboard sound

hey presto, windows recognised my karjan