[RESOLVED] Help! Karajan Sound Adapter Disappeared From System??

Hey all,

I ran into a really strange problem.. just build this system and sound was working ok, but then while I was running 3dmark i think, sound cut out. I rebooted and the sound adapter was gone (Control Panel->Sound says I have no sound device).. checked in device manager, but I can't find a device their either, just audio codecs and legacy audio drivers.

I reinstalled nForce and Realtek AC'97 drivers but I don't think it can find a device (unknown or otherwise). I'm really stumped.. it's like it's not even plugged in. Tried replugging in the sound module with no luck.

Help pleeeease! =)

-w

Exact same thing happening to me. I just installed everything and was stressing my overclock and now no sound device. Even reformated and no sound device. what bios are you using im using the 702 beta.

ok there is my signature. yes tried loading drivers again. First it was working with nforce drivers, then I think I installed the realtek drivers over that I think, might of been what caused the problem.

installed both realtek and nvidia audio drivers Seperatley neither helped.

The driver isnt the problem windows doesnt recognize the sound device.

Tried loading optimized defaults in bios, ac97 is set to auto. Dont know what else it could be

Well I got tired of it and installed a sound blaster live, and when installing windows decided to find the onboard audio too. For the others, install a pci sound card and see if it gets windows to recognize it.