64bit drivers

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur. Despite what some folks say, X64 is the most stable OS I have ever used. I've been hammering it for months with real-life applications, and never a problem. (Playing a few games, too ... hehe.) I also credit INVIDIA for good drivers and frequent minor updates.

I get the occasional hang-up upon shut down. It's pretty consistent after one game I play, so I don't know if it's driver related or something weird about that game. I'm less concerned about the occasional shut-down hangup as I am about lock-ups during apps and games. Stability makes me happy.

The only issue Ive encountered is when sutting down the pc it hangs on the Windows is shutting down screen and never turns off. Other than that I love it

Try changing your power options properties in control panel to minimal power savings. That has stopped my shutdown hanging.

so you are running XP-64 without any issues with games or anyhing? Did you notice any benefits at all? Try convincing us in your most honest terms if it is worth upgrading to win 64 bit please :)

Super stable! and NO game issues or other issues whatsoever !

6.69 Nvidia drivers....5.13 ATI x64 drivers

I'm not sure if it's a placebo effect, but x64 feels a lot more solid than win32. It's also a very nice feeling to be able to play 64bit versions of games.

If you're looking to upgrade then I'd definitely check to see if drivers are available for all your "must use" hardware first. I've yet to find any for my webcam and bluetooth adaptor.

The only real problems I've had so far are Indigo Prophecy wouldn't install, and I'm still on the lookout for a firewall that I like as much as Sygate.

I too really enjoy x64, everything I have wanted to use with it works flawlessly. And AVG recently added x64 to their compatibillity list so thats cool. To the guy above, sorry to burst your bubble, but the only game the that utilizes the 64-nit architecture. Everything else you run (ie. BF2, FEAR, DOOM, whathave you) is being emulated within windows, but even then I feel that it runs it more effectively than running XP 32-bit. Alt-Tab times drastically dropped when I switched too (Like Alt-Tabbing out of BF2)

To the guy above, sorry to burst your bubble, but the only game the that utilizes the 64-nit architecture. Everything else you run (ie. BF2, FEAR, DOOM, whathave you) is being emulated within windows, but even then I feel that it runs it more effectively than running XP 32-bit. Alt-Tab times drastically dropped when I switched too (Like Alt-Tabbing out of BF2)

There are 64bit optimised versions of Far Cry and Half-Life 2.