64bit drivers

Hi all,

Does anyone know if DFI have released any 64bit drivers for the LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D motherboard yet and if so where can I get them from??

Thanks in advance guys and gals

Bry.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

']I thought the system drivers had to be from the mobo manufacturer?

Yes they should, because those are the ones that have been tested and are known to work with out issues.

I don't know anything about this 64 bit system drivers... hope somebody else that knows for sure responds.

']Will the nVidia ones work OK??

I thought the system drivers had to be from the mobo manufacturer?

Take the newest x64 nForce driver package 6.69 from NVIDIA from here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_wi...4_amd_6.69.html

They are working perfectly on your board.

You will have no problem during the install as you have no Raid system.

CU

Fernando

The 6.69 drivers work fine. I uninstalled the IDE SW dirvers though. Drive access was a bit faster but it caused my system some instability and hanging at shutdown or reboot.

so you are running XP-64 without any issues with games or anyhing? Did you notice any benefits at all? Try convincing us in your most honest terms if it is worth upgrading to win 64 bit please :)

I run Windows XP 64bit on

* nForce 6.66 from Nvidia

* Forceware 81.98 from Nvidia

I havent had any problems with games (HL2, Call of Duty 2, Act of War, Age of Empires III, NFS - Most Wanted)

Software applications is another story.

Must find compatible antivirus programs (eg. Avast 4 or Norton Corp. 10)

There will be others where upon installation it will tell you straight off that it cant be installed but very rarely.

Some windows tweaks dont work as most tweaks are dedicated to WinXP 32.

Overall, 64bit works fine.................

If you are unsure, install it as a second OS and once you are sure of which one you prefer, erase the one you dont want.

Oh yeah, I had a problem with Nvidia Network Manager where I get BSOD when I try to access it or if the firewall is trying to do something. This was with the previous 64bit drivers (Cant remember what version it was - 6.3X or 6.2x) so I skipped the installation it with the 6.66 drivers.

I never take the drivers from the board manufacturer or the video card manufacturer. Always take it from nVidia (or ATI) etc.

I use the 6.69 x64 drivers, and the nVidia 82.12 Video Drivers. Alls well and 110% stable. Play BF2 for hours without any problems at all.

guru3d.com always have a full list of drivers to download, just go to the downloads section and pick chipset or vid card. They usually resize them from 35mb~ to 18mb~, so quicker to download too.

Hope this helps

so you are running XP-64 without any issues with games or anyhing? Did you notice any benefits at all? Try convincing us in your most honest terms if it is worth upgrading to win 64 bit please :)

JVG81, I also believe that XP64 is the most stable OS that MS has built. I am using Office 2003 and Avast AV. I play BF2 and CoD and the only times I have issues during gaming is through my own lust for a higher OC. It has taken a little time to find all the programs that work well in XP64, for instance 1clickDVD will not work with AnyDVD. Thats OK Nero recode works fine. My older Dell/Lexmark printer does not support XP64, but Brother has a number of All in ones that have drivers for XP64 and have ethernet connectivity built in. ($129.00 MFC-5440cn). I am not trying to schill for MS, but I have enjoyed the challenge of finding drivers and apps that work. Load times are fast for most apps and will improve as more 64 bit apps are written.