How safe is this? x2 4400+

GuOD

I'm currently using a zalman 7000 alcu but i'm waiting for my xp-90 to arrive. (HOPEFULLY it will be cooler).

I have an x2 4400+ @ 2.5ghz w/ 1.39 volts.

prime95 with both cores gets temps up to about 58-60 after 2 lines complete (dunno what they are exactly, but it goes to the third line) and i'm worried this is too hot?

what would be a safe temp range for this core? will the xp-90 help my situation at all? I'm going to increase the speed of my case fans near the cpu (antec tricools in a p180) so hopefully that will help too,

any advice is appreciated!

Thanks.

Doug

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sleep in the same room as my computer so I hate noise :(

I got a nexus real silent 92mm fan for the xp-90. I guess this wasn't the greatest idea?

I guess for now I can try lowering voltages/clock until I get something safe

I got a nexus real silent 92mm fan for the xp-90. I guess this wasn't the greatest idea?
You still might get them down a little with the xp90.. Just remeber that good wire management and airflow in your case helps with cpu temps also..

Not sure what TIM your using either..but if you dont have it already it might help to pick up some Artic Silver 5 while your at it..

Thanks, I've been using AS5

I just cranked up my case fans to medium and ran for about 20mins, it capped off at 57c with both cores having no problems. only 1.39 volts too.

I don't think it's gonna get any cooler than this unfortunately. looks like I got a good chip, just that my cooling is inadequate, i'll probably have to get a better 92mm fan for my xp=90, does anyone have any recommendations? hopefully one that isnt too loud while idling!

something isn't right. what are you using to record the temps? I have a x2 4200, that is essentially the same cept for the cache, and i don't get over 40c under full load. We share the same case. something just isn't right here. with smartguardian, right now i am at 24c at idle.