I'm going crazy with the stuttering in games.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rofl, i'm 23 in a couple months.

I went ahead and reset the CMOS (10 min jumper like instructed).

All I changed was disabling the onboard audio, removing the A drive from the standard CMOS window, correcting the time, disabling SATA 1/2 (i use 3/4), changing the NB fan temp to blow full speed above 30C, and the shutdown temp at 65, and also disabled nvidia onboard LAN since I use marvell.

I can try nvidia by itself again but this was happening before I even enabled/installed the drivers for the marvell lan. I can also try onboard audio alone.

No, but that really isn't the problem.

Why would every other game I have run fine? I can do everything except source games, and I mean everything, burn cds, watch dvds, etc.

By that logic, it's not a hardware problem at all then...but you state that it has to be your mobo, video card or sound card. :confused:

You should be more open to more possibilities. If this thread's into its third page, you have probably been working on this for awhile.

If the CPU was defective, i'd have more indicators.

I just ran Battlefield 2 for 15 mins, zero issues at all, smooth as silk.

If that doesn't say stability, I don't know what does.

Yet source games are hosed...both in windows xp 32 bit, and 64 bit.. pointing to hardware, yet.. ah hell I dunno.

I'm about ready to sell this entire thing and just build an FX-57 system.

If the CPU was defective, i'd have more indicators.

I just ran Battlefield 2 for 15 mins, zero issues at all, smooth as silk.

If that doesn't say stability, I don't know what does.

Yet source games are hosed...both in windows xp 32 bit, and 64 bit.. pointing to hardware, yet.. ah hell I dunno.

I'm about ready to sell this entire thing and just build an FX-57 system.

So why could this be a mobo problem and definitely not a CPU problem? I'd say you can't rule out any components at this point. Why not try swapping in another processor? Try to narrow the problem down. I fail to see why swapping in components would hurt at this point, especially if you're ready to give up. GL

Just wondering if any of you installed the Microsoft Dual Core Hotfix. This may aid in the stabilization of games. So, both the microsoft hotfix and the amd dual core driver is what should be installed. And all will be made right. There's a thread about it around here somewhere.

Guest Crusader

Looks to me like a specific Source games related problem since it is only happening with Source games right? Anyway, just a couple ideas:

1. defragment your drives.

2. check for viruses / trojans

3. Ask for help on the Source game forums.

Good luck.