What music are you listening to right now?

red930

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a little Dwight around,

A Thousand Miles From Nowhere is probably my fav song

Pocket of a Clown

Got the Guitars Caddilacs album,you hipped to John Anderson -Seminole Wind?

Yea...I like that stuff...

Here's the deal...when I was a tiny tot the parents always listened to country...I thought that was the only music ever...never heard anything else til a friend in grade school (like 5th grade) brought in a cassette of Jone Jet and the blackhearts...I was hooked from there...then it was Aerosmiths done with mirrors... those were the 1st 2 rock bands I heard...

Then I found a radio and decided to explore life outside of country...man I was totally hooked on rock...I was more the heavier rock...I got into Led Zeppelin pretty heavy and Motley Crue...lots of stuff like Traffic and Cream and Beattles...

Still a big Metal head....(the 80's were good to me)

But then in the late 80's early 90's when I graduated I got a job with a older boss...he was/is a big country guy...I was taught to respect my elders so it was common place that what ever I was listening to was changed when he got to work...I changed it to country....not because I had to but I did it on my own...

I worked for this guy for over 15 years...and to the very end what every we'ed do or where ever we'ed go if he rode with me ....I changed the radio to country....it was just respectful...

Plus he couldnt stand a squeeling guitar...and hated BOC...but he did insist sometimes that I could listen to my rock stuff...but I just couldnt do that to the old guy...if it got left I turned it way down...

EDIT...I forgot to mention...Dwight is probably my favorite country singer...I also like Randy Travis...and some others...man those country girls are hot...

Beattles....

Metallica....

Joe Satriani...

• 2 weeks later...