If you have an X2 and a 7800 GTX, please do this test for me

When you look at the cube, is it 100% positively buttery smooth or do you have even the slightest amount of stuttering.

Please look VERY VERY closely. Put your face up to the screen if you have to and tell me you don't have the tinyest bit of stuttering at all.

If it IS a driver problem, then you guys are all a$$holes for not looking closely enough and noticing this very minor stutter. But I doubt that could be true!

I'm still stuck on this, sorry. The 'stuttering' is so slight that you have to be inches away to see it? I still fail to see a problem, you're being far too picky.

And then again perhaps it is very noticeable (to you). But I can almost guarantee its a driver issue that would be fixed if you took the time to reinstall windows, drivers, and just run the bare minimum hardware. If that doesn't fix 'it' theres no problem, I don't believe there is any other possibility. Try to use fraps to get a video of it, I want to see this stuttering.

Insulting those that are trying to help isn't very appreciated, since we don't have to be here at all. I'm sorry you apparently didn't get this fixed, I guess we're just too big of a$$holes to be of help.

If it was in fact the motherboard, I'll be sure to be RMAing my DFI.

By the way...

No way in hell it's the motherboard thats causing this.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really take offense to you denigerating the people who replied

to your thread if you you don't like the anwsers that you recieved

are will recieve in future post don't post.

Someone can't take a joke. Go re-read that sentence again. I wasn't calling anyone names I was being sarcastic. I am positive that this is not a driver problem, or a LOT more people would be complaining about it. Relax and have a sense of humor ok?

I'm still stuck on this, sorry. The 'stuttering' is so slight that you have to be inches away to see it? I still fail to see a problem, you're being far too picky.

Nope, I am not being picky. If you don't see it, then you don't have the problem. The fact that so many people have replied without seeing the problem is the results of the test that I initially was asking you to perform. The results are: I have a hardware problem.

And then again perhaps it is very noticeable (to you).

Nope, 5 people who came over my house confirmed they notice it, and when playing games it causes eye strain and is extremely annoying to boot.

But I can almost guarantee its a driver issue that would be fixed if you took the time to reinstall windows, drivers, and just run the bare minimum hardware.

I've done that already, many many times. The problem exists on barebones with only nforce and forceware drivers installed. I have tried every revision of BIOS and drivers in existence, and every combination of driver settings and what not. I have tried with combinations of 2 completely different CPUs, motherboards, RAM modules, hard drives and CD ROM drives, with nothing else connected. Only thing left is power supply and vid cards, but like I said I waited to last to try vid card because thats a $500 investment and what are the chances of me having received 2 defective 7800s in the same package.

If that doesn't fix 'it' theres no problem, I don't believe there is any other possibility. Try to use fraps to get a video of it, I want to see this stuttering.

Yes there is, there are still 2 components I haven't replaced. Video card and power supply. Though my power supply voltages are AOK, I am awaiting a different brand of video card today to see if that solves the problem. It's not likely, but possible that I received 2 defective XFX cards. I've tried capturing it with FRAPS but when I play it back on another computer the stuttering is not there. I don't think FRAPS is capable of capturing this anomoly.

Insulting those that are trying to help isn't very appreciated, since we don't have to be here at all. I'm sorry you apparently didn't get this fixed, I guess we're just too big of a$$holes to be of help.

Guys, I'm sorry I made that statement OK. It was a JOKE and I was being sarcastic. I appreciate everyones input and everyones help greatly. I don't think you are a$$holes ok?

By the way...

No way in hell it's the motherboard thats causing this.

Yes, I've already established that by replacing it.

Check the specs of your monitors max. refresh at the resolution you are running. If you exceeding them its not gonna last long. I found this as well http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81429

I am using LCD monitors and the refresh rate is locked in at 60Hz. This particular one I am using now is a 20" Envision EN2028. Brand new. At first I thought it might be the monitor, but I tried my older 17" NEC and the problem still existed on it. I then hooked up a CRT and noticed it there too. So it's definitely not this.

The only thing that changed was the first time I tested the other monitors, I tested them in GAMES, which have problems of their own. This time I just used the DXDIAG test, and the cube spins smoothly on the other monitors. I also brought this 20" Envision monitor with me to work and hooked it up to a P4 2.8 with GF 5950 Ultra, ran DXDIAG and displayed the cube on my 19" Viewsonic LCD: smooth as butter. Disconnected Viewsonic, hooked up the Envision, rebooted, ran DXDIAG: SAME STUTTERING as I was experiencing at home. It's DEFINITELY the monitor.

I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW I COULD KILL SOMEONE.

Does anyone want to buy an AMD 3800+ that was used for 2 hours and a DFI NF4 SLI-DR that was used for 3 weeks? I really don't feel like putting the DFI back in my case... the Abit KN8 SLI performs just as well, and it even runs cooler than the DFI.

AMD 3800+ $250

NF4 SLI-DR $150

EVGA 7800 GTX factory sealed $450