Is the NF3 really that bad

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol neat, but which one cost more? aside from addons

That would be comparing a Northwood CPU to a Newcastle. I actually have less in my Intel setup. As far as video editing I save 10 minutes on a 2 hour long project by using my Intel rig. This is with a 2.8 northwood at 3.45 and a 3200 newcastle at 2.6. 10 minutes saved during a project isn't enough to sway me either way.

Yes more precisely it is hillsboro but who would even know what state that was in.

LOL yeah thated be howed ya spellled it :nod:Man i need one of them spelled checkers on this forum there allways biting me on my butt :P

Guest kerclaps

I've got no complaints about this board, very stable with loads of overclocking features. Looks cool under uv too.:cool:

Guest ninjastyle

I love this board. And I love large cache chips. Clawhammer and San Diego kick much butt. 512KB cache is worth approx 200Mhz.

Ok I got my packages today and im up and running after 1 hour setup not bad, the Zalman was surprisingly easier than i thought, when i was finished i kept reading the instruction booklet for something i missed but it was that simple.

When I checked the CPU temps in the BIOS it read 48-50C but i instaled windows anyway and setup everest and low and behold the temps read 24C Motherboard and 25C CPU

so that was a huge sigh of relief for 1 getting the zalman and 2 installing it right.

The CPU seems very crisp and brings up what ever i click with a snap

I just need to learn all the settings in the DRAM page as its a little daunting when you first see it.

Now im about to put in some more drivers. I shall return

Thankyou man, there was a sense of accomplishment updating the SIG lol

ok so my CPU temp is 44idle and im going by the Aux temp as when I stress the CPU it jumps up 3-5 Degrees C so I figure thats the DIODE temp as it rises so quickly.

I dont know what the other 2 are but they are reported as CPU and Mobo but the CPU cannot be right. is there a problem with 8/27/04 Bios as thats what it came with.

should I flash? im actually minutes away from doing it now as i tried it before and i was waiting for the "press ALT and F2 " bit but it didnt come? what am i missing?

PS msmolt, How the hell did you get a score of 348? my best after an hour was 321 fun game though lol

Looks real nice only thing comes to mind is your temps at idle seam high but then its new and as5? or any will take 200 hours to set and also you need to put your location in your sig

its cool bro,

I just flashed to latest on website with the diamond flash utility and the idle is now 34C so i think thats been fixed. lol was worried to when after BIOS kept getting the insert system disk then i noticed the Esc boot menu needed to be put to my HHD but a scratch of the head delt with that one, new BIOS n all. So im off to run some benchmarks.

by the way the hyper transport thing setting is where?there is one that looks like it with multipliers up to 5 so i understand 5 x FSB(200) therefore the 800Mhz, is auto the right setting for that? or does it revert to a lesser setting like the RAM did in a clear CMOS manner?