Dual core Opteron 939

I have an NF4 Ultra D and my dro a Crossfire CF-DR, asking here since its a more popular area.

As the title suggests, We're looking at dual core 939 opterons. I'd just like to know if they work with the 623 bios for the SLI, and the stock bios of the CF-DR.

THanks in advance guys!

P.S. Why is angry banned off his own forum? tis odd!

I have an NF4 Ultra D and my dro a Crossfire CF-DR, asking here since its a more popular area.

As the title suggests, We're looking at dual core 939 opterons. I'd just like to know if they work with the 623 bios for the SLI, and the stock bios of the CF-DR.

I am using a NF3 DFI ULtra atm but have a Ultra D NF4 on order and I am using a Opty 175 for the NF3 824 fixed the problem with reconising the CPU. I will be interested to see what the answer is too.

Cheers

AMD does not and repeats that they do not intend to support opterons on desktop/enthusiast/gamer motherboards and being a motherboard maker at some level you are 'tied' to AMD and if you wish to continue alliance with AMD you will toe the line or be in trouble one way or the other. Mobile cpu come under the same heading and most motherboard companies try to 'refrain' from supporting them on desktop boards as well.

And before you wonder too much it is very important to have good standing with the cpu manufacturer since the number of things we don't know an A64 cpu will or can do will fill books. Books.

So unless AMD relents and changes their mind, DFI nor any other mobo maker will blatantly reveal support for any 939P Opteron on desktop/gamer/enthusiast type motherboard. What works or does not work will be up to the individual user. This is the latest word I received just last night from DFI in the USA.

RGone...

See my sig. The 165 "worked" with the Ultra-D straight out of the box, but the BIOS did not recognize it as dual core until I switched to the 6-23 BIOS. My current problem is that Windows does not recognize my video card, but I think I will be able to solve that, and I also think the problem is unrelated to the dual core.

My suspicion, which DFI will never confirm, is that they are doing all they can to support dual core, without actually coming out and saying so. It would not be a good idea for a mobo maker to piss off its largest market.

See my sig. The 165 "worked" with the Ultra-D straight out of the box, but the BIOS did not recognize it as dual core until I switched to the 6-23 BIOS. My current problem is that Windows does not recognize my video card, but I think I will be able to solve that, and I also think the problem is unrelated to the dual core.

My suspicion, which DFI will never confirm, is that they are doing all they can to support dual core, without actually coming out and saying so. It would not be a good idea for a mobo maker to piss off its largest market.

Try installing the newest nforce drivers they released yesterday. I believe it added support for your card.

@Blave

The latest platform drivers for the nF4 boards are...

Version: 6.70

Release Date: October 26, 2005

WHQL Certified

Exactly what drivers are you talking about?

Try installing the newest nforce drivers they released yesterday. I believe it added support for your card.

THanks in advance guys!

P.S. Why is angry banned off his own forum? tis odd!

they work fine, although I use the 704-2BTA bios but any BIOS that supports dual core is fine..............these chips are no different than the A64X2, except I got lucky and got a GREAT stepping opty 175 that does 2850 mHz without breaking a sweat