New Athlon FX55 SLI Rig -advice needed-

DoubleStack

Why not get the new expert?
I will have to look into that, I didnt think the expert was comming out for a while.

and I cannot fathom spending more on video cards than what it cost me to build my system in my sig :drool:
Me either, but since I will have the money I want to get a high end SLI rig. ;)

On that note I have a question: Since I am going to watercool and overclock myself I figured it wasnt worth the money to buy someones OC'd version of the 7800GTX. What do you guys think? :confused:

Ok, another thread in the forums here has a link to some testing to compare the fx55 and the X2's. I was orginally going to get a X2 4400+, but was convinced not to because I really dont think I need it, and it will not be as fast in games then the FX55. Now I dont know which to go with. :sad:

Yes David I know where you stand on this issue. However, you are an "Old Fart Overclocker" and I am new to overclocking. I know my hardware pretty well, at least I like to think I do, but overclocking is beyond me at this point. You would take the X2 and overclock the crap out of it, and have the same if not faster speeds then the FX's, me however I might not be able to do that..... lol

I guess the only way to get learn is to try, and I suppose if with your knowledge you would take the X2 route, so will I. Besides going with the X2 4400+ rather then the FX55 would give me some more money to throw on my video cards. ;) Now before I commit to the X2, if you had the money to buy any X2 you wanted, which one would you get and why?