Stock Speed Database DISCUSSION THREAD

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that several of the Stock Speed Data Base threads are locked.

Does this mean you only want one entry for each type of Ram?

My other question concerns the definition of STOCK... This should be obvious I guess...

Are these settings supposed to be the best settings we can achieve with a non- overclocked CPU... or is everything supposed to be stock... ie. RAM speed & timings etc.

Thanks!

I've noticed that several of the Stock Speed Data Base threads are locked.

Does this mean you only want one entry for each type of Ram?

My other question concerns the definition of STOCK... This should be obvious I guess...

Are these settings supposed to be the best settings we can achieve with a non- overclocked CPU... or is everything supposed to be stock... ie. RAM speed & timings etc.

Thanks!

1. threads are locked because there is no need to allow posting in them. If you have the same memory, cpu, and motherboard, and wish to also enter YOUR stock speed settings, just tell me, I'll open the thread, and you can post, then I will lock it again

2. stock speed is stock speed...200x whatever your cpu multiplier is. This is stock speed. Meaning stock speed, stable for 24 hours etc.

it is not intended as a souped-up or tweaked-out settings area. It is a stock speed stable settings database for showing users how to set their rigs up to run stable at stock speeds.

Stock means stock everything OK, thanks for the clarification. Sorry it was needed.

The situation that came to mind is...

GeIL One S TCCD DDR600 @ 300FSB

X2 4800+ @ 2.4=8x300

not stock, but not over-clocked either really...right?

Anyway - I understand - no need for further explanation as to why the above is not what this db is for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Dynamic

Angry, on the "LanParty NF4 - OCZ PC3200 Gold BH-5 UTT / DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR / Sempron 3200+ (Winchester)" screenshots you got the same pictures on all three. Just letting you know if you overlooked it. Thanks.

Guest Dynamic

Angry, guess what? I finally got my board, HAHA! It boots with my Venice, so the cpu was fine, hopefully i can RMA that ASRock board back or something. Anyhow using the timings for that particular OCZDDR400 BH-5 1G that you have posted. I've installed Windows XP SP1, pretty much all the drivers. Just going to leave it at default to see how it goes. Also there is nothing holding me back from the SLI Mode, there is nothing on it, just go over it with the Circuit Writer and i'm set, hehe. Running bios 06/23/2005-NF-CK804-6A61FD49C-00 that came with the board. Running CPU @stock with 1.4v memory at those timings with 3v (not sure if it's necessary with that much volts on stock timings, maybe 2.8v?). Just trying to get use to this thing, first DFI Board, MUHAHHAHAA. See you around....

DFI NF4-D <---- this is the one that i just got....

Note: BTW, one of the timings is missing from your post, not sure if it's from different bios or not, but it's the one between Refresh Period (Tref) and above Dram Bank Interleave. Settings was CAS Write or something got it on Auto, ooops...hehehe

Note: BTW, one of the timings is missing from your post, not sure if it's from different bios or not, but it's the one between Refresh Period (Tref) and above Dram Bank Interleave. Settings was CAS Write or something got it on Auto, ooops...hehehe

some bios versions on the same motherboard line have different options (I know that Write CAS Latency or one of those is hidden in BigToe's bioses because only one setting really works, the rest will cause no-boot)

btw, slipstream your XP to SP2...you defintely want it slipstreamed in (www.angrygames.com = link to slipstream)

Guest Dynamic

I would, but i hate SP2, hehe. I installed a Windows XP that has slipstream SP1 that i created awhile back. Anyhow i finally got my HD/POWER LED's working had to switch the positive/negative switches around, hehe. Done about 30mins of Memtest86 1.55 and 10-15mins of prime, just playing around for now. Haven't installed any games yet (Call of duty for example or COD2). Is there a reason why i should run my memory at 3volts at default? BTW, i'm using the orange slots. Is it because of the CPC 1T timing? Anyhow so far at default speeds i'm happy with this. Only exception is games which i haven't installed. Another thing the CPU/CHIPSET FAN blows, my Venice is hitting 25c and the fan goes from 3xxxrpm to zero. Probably try a different bios that has been modified? I got it at full speed on both at 25c. Haven't done the cleaning on the chipset fan, everything stock. PWMIC usually is around 25c, Chipset is around 34c all at idle so far. Probably drop about 3-4c if i take off that crap and put some AC5 on it. Got my Logitech MX3100 working, .ing Monarch sent me a used MX1000, when i looked at the bottom of the mouse right out of the box saw scratching on the footings or whatever. bastards! hahaha...Got the board and the mx3100 each for $115 not bad eh? I'll be hearing from ya..

Note: Update you more on the memory timings, yeah i know about the hidding settings, weird...