NF4 SLI-DR New Build Problem Has Frustrated Tech at DFI San Jose

During startup, this error is displayed: WARNING! System is now in safe mode...Please resetting CPU frequency in CMOS setup.

See sig below. I have sent the board back to DFI and had it tested. The board was sent back to me. Same problem once again. They can not help. Is this a CPU issue or memory issue. Please advise. I have been without a system for 2 weeks.

Thanks,

BartBMan

During startup, this error is displayed: WARNING! System is now in safe mode...Please resetting CPU frequency in CMOS setup.

See sig below. I have sent the board back to DFI and had it tested. The board was sent back to me. Same problem once again. They can not help. Is this a CPU issue or memory issue. Please advise. I have been without a system for 2 weeks.

Thanks,

BartBMan

I was unable to get my HyperX to work in my board (others have had no problem). (search forum for hyperx or kingston).

1. Try some other memory sticks you have laying around, or

2. Get an RMA from Kingston asking for specific chips (see memory postings), and see if they will cooperate.

I am using 6-23-05 BIOS. Kingston memory is ok in other system.

Just because something works in another system does not mean it will work in this one. People are trying to help you by sharing experiences others have had. If you read a lot on this forum you would see over and over people saying just that about some component or other and that component does not work with the DFI board, especially memory and secondly PSUs.

Just because something works in another system does not mean it will work in this one. People are trying to help you by sharing experiences others have had. If you read a lot on this forum you would see over and over people saying just that about some component or other and that component does not work with the DFI board, especially memory and secondly PSUs.

And that being said, you might have the HyperX that just don't work in the DFI board.

So, see post #2.

Both Boppo and faheyd are right. I realize that all memory and all systems are not compatible just because the mem speeds are the same. With that in mind, I have another system going together this weekend that will work with the HyperX. I have ordered OCZ 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 500 (PC 4000) unbuffered dual channel memory - model #OCZ5001024ELDCGEVX-K to go in my DFI system. Maybe we have the culprit.

you always have the option of sending me the board, cpu, and memory, and letting me take a look at it.

sending the board to DFI is ok, but I require that you send the motherboard, cpu, and memory together as they are yours, and will be used together. I can get any NF4 board to boot with my 23 different kits of memory and 9 different 939 cpu's and 6 high quality power supplies....as can the office tech...problem is, they boot for us with OUR hardware, and get sent back to you and you put YOUR memory and cpu back in and blammo, same problem again.

Try the new memory you ordered, but if you run into a brick wall, just email me (link in my sig) and I will take a look at the board/cpu/memory for you.

Angry,

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that offer. I have a new AMD 64 3700+ San Diego CPU on order as well as the OCZ PC4000 mem. Between the two, I should be able to solve my problem. However, I will certainly email you with results one way or another.

Angry,

Thanks for the offer. I may take you up on that offer. I have a new AMD 64 3700+ San Diego CPU on order as well as the OCZ PC4000 mem. Between the two, I should be able to solve my problem. However, I will certainly email you with results one way or another.

I ordered the OCZ Elite Platinum set(next one above yours) to replace my

pathetic ballistix memory and couldn't be happier with it :shake: So at least the

memory should work in your system just fine.

Good Luck!

Peter