nF4 Memory Advice (updated 14/11/06)

Sharp

Hi Chubbyfatazn !

YeH!

Can't wait till it's up and walking or running!!! Will do alittle oc but more in to video than anything. Will probably go with the Gskill I saw that newegg had a deal

may jump on it . Just wish I could stick 4 sticks in and stay with the 400 spd but thats ok still will run great. Thanks very much for the words Hope to return the same soon ! The 1KW is super tooo!!!! Can cook up some grub in between breaks.

4 sticks=2t=possible problems...

if you want excellent timings, the hard to find due to death ballistix pc4000 1gb sticks do great... mine can run ddr400 @ 2-2-2-5..

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Im new to this forum and new to the whole overclocking thing. I would appreciate any help and sorry for my noobishness.

Ok i just recently bought an AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+, and im interested in clocking it to 2.6ghz. Is it possible for me to have a 1:1 ratio with the ram i have, MUSHKIN PC4000 Black Series 2GB Kit.

Thanks

@game time

Yes, no problem, would be HTT of 236 with an 11X multi, your ram would be well inside its speed rating.

Better way would be to lower your multi to 10 and have a HTT of 260

you would get more out of your ram this way but it would be running just above its speed rating, quite likely with no problem

So essentially the CPU fsb will be running at 260 and the ram will be 260MHz aswell?

260MHz is also the highest the Mushkin PC4000 black 2GB will go.

So you dont think this will cause any problems, like any stabillity issues?

So essentially the CPU fsb will be running at 260 and the ram will be 260MHz aswell?

260MHz is also the highest the Mushkin PC4000 black 2GB will go.

So you dont think this will cause any problems, like any stabillity issues?

correct.

if that is the highest speed it will go (tested by you) then there might be stability issues--lower the fsb down a bit by bit and test stability by using programs like prime95 etc etc..

btw if the mushkin pc4000s go only 260, thats a pretty poor memory.. 10mhz over stock

Hello, i need to buy a new 2Gb kit soon, and i wonder what will be the best for me.

Im asking b/c i have problems with my current tccd sticks and want a kit what is liked by the Expert now^^

I heard in another german forum that uccc makes problems on the expert, but in this forum i see some ppl using the F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ f.e. on the Expert with no problems.

On the other hand i like these OCZ5002048EBPE-K.

Now i dont know which one would be the best choice for me. I just want a kit working good with the expert!

Thx in advance

Hello, i need to buy a new 2Gb kit soon, and i wonder what will be the best for me.

Im asking b/c i have problems with my current tccd sticks and want a kit what is liked by the Expert now^^

I heard in another german forum that uccc makes problems on the expert, but in this forum i see some ppl using the F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ f.e. on the Expert with no problems.

On the other hand i like these OCZ5002048EBPE-K.

Now i dont know which one would be the best choice for me. I just want a kit working good with the expert!

Thx in advance

tccd is the best :D

anyways, uccc does not make problems to the extent of my knowledge. lotsa ppl used the pc4000 kit with success.

the OCZ5002048EBPE-K u listed use infineon chips, which dont seem to oc as high but they still offer good performance. both of those kits will work; however, seeing as the gskill meets a good price/performance ratio, i would recommend those anyday.

Thx for the fast reply :)

I like my Ram a lot, but my expert dont^^ The Ram goes back in the k8N Neo2 if i have a new kit for the expert, They work really good and oc very well( on the K8N Neo 2 up to 280 not tested higher), but in the expert i just have wired problems(like working 1:1@265 and with 273Mhz they are just stable with 215Mhz not 250 like u could think^^), thats the reason im asking to avoid problems with the new kit.

So i think ill go with the G.Skill HZ.

Thx a lot!

Thx for the fast reply :)

I like my Ram a lot, but my expert dont^^ The Ram goes back in the k8N Neo2 if i have a new kit for the expert, They work really good and oc very well( on the K8N Neo 2 up to 280 not tested higher), but in the expert i just have wired problems(like working 1:1@265 and with 273Mhz they are just stable with 215Mhz not 250 like u could think^^), thats the reason im asking to avoid problems with the new kit.

So i think ill go with the G.Skill HZ.

Thx a lot!

np... the expert boards tend to be EXTREMELY picky on ram types..

if the hzs dont work, get a refund from wherever your ordering from (im presuming the egg) and pick up some ocz xtc pc4000 2x1gb.. they use uccc chips too. or u could pick up some of the pc4000 mushkin 1gb sticks.

or the eb stuff works fine too.. ive seen ppl here use it and it works + gets good results.

I just posted this: http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47688

Maybe I can get answers here. Can anyone tell me what chips the OCZ4001024V3 Value Series uses? Here's the link: http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memo...es_dual_channel

In this thread, the closest thing that I can find is the OCZ4001024WV3 (Winbond Value Series) is listed, and said to have the UTT CH-5 chips, while here it says UTT BH-5 are used.

Can you tell me what the OCZ4001024V3 uses? Thanks!