nF4 Memory Advice (updated 14/11/06)

Sharp

I heard that a new version of the BIOS has a 5:4 memory divider. What BIOS is that? Could I use that to run the PC4000 memory at 244MHz while keeping the FSB at 200MHz and not OCing the CPU?

Would this make the PC4000 better than the PC3200 with lower timings?

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ampere3

Running the memory higher than the CPU FSB/HTT frequency is pointless and would be slower than PC3200 with low timings.

Burts

These modules may work but as with all Value ram it does depend in the chips.

So they are not recommended for the DFI nF4 LP boards.

Any idea what chips are on them?

The limit in the ZX would be around 260Mhz, good infineon CE-6 chips can go higher, ~280Mhz+ with 3-3-2-7 timings but that would be rare.

At the same speed, the ZX kit would have better timings.

Im planning on getting a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard -

Is this memory good for this, or should I get something else, im a hard core gamer and pc user.-

OCZ EL DDR PC-4000 Gold Edition [2x1GB] (UCCC) [3-4-4-8]

Part number: OCZ5002048ELGE-K

http://www.ocztechnology.com/produc..._channe l-2gb_

Its very expensive ($212.84@NewEgg)compared to my current mushkin 2 gigs at 75.00 a gig, is this worth it, why so much money, or should I get something cheaper. Want something 100% compatible with the motherboard.

Hello I have an Opti 165 and an SLI Expert

I am trying to determine the most compatible RAM

I want to overclock CPU to 2.5~2.7Ghz

What RAM should I buy?? :confused:

hoping to get a pair of 1gb sticks

A link to the memory on Newegg or something would be great

thnx very much

It is good and OCZ's standards are very high but the Gskill kit is also very good and cheaper.

I was actually curious about these sticks myself and the ones by GigaRAM (Mach1000-series).

See, my current system is running really well with my BH5, but it's time to go with a 2GB set, so I regrettably am going to have to part with my beloved BH5 *sniff*.

So what are you guys liking these days? My OC is at 265MHz FSB x 10 multi (RAM on a divider). I was going to go with a 2GB PC4000 set, either the OCZ Gold or Gold GX...maybe now the G.Skill set since they have been recommended here.

Any of them better than the rest or is the OC-ability on all of these guys about the same? What have you guys been getting luck with?

Thanks! :)

p.s. GREAT article, Sharp! ;)