Mbm5 readings weird?

Hi.

I got my rig up and running today, have been installing stuff all evening and so far i have everything stable at optimized settings.

Slowly trying to prepare for some OCing I downloaded mbm5 in hopes to get some nice temp readings while doing some stresstesting.

Now this is my problem....

Installed mbm5 according to the howto thread and it seems to be working, gives temps speeds volts and various stuff, but when i compare the temp readings with what Everest reports they all seem to be mixed up.

All temps are in Celcius degrees.

Mbm5 shows:

CPU: 28

PWMIC: 37

NF4 chipset: 47

Everest shows:

Cpu: 47

NF4 chipset: 37

PWMIC: 29

Ok, my guess is that cpu is 47, chipset 37, and pwm... 29, does anyone agree to this?

And how can i check this out for sure, would be nice to know for sure what is what before i start pushing this system.

Thanks in advance

//Kurik

Ps. Wasnt 100% sure where to post this, if any mod feels that i posted in wrong forum, feel free to move it, thanks :D Ds.

Well I was runner up in a contest right behind cpuz :D

1st of all Everest has known errors in the "labeling" of the sensors it reports.

So we'd really need to know what Version of Everest you are using.

I just checked using the latest version 2.20.405 of Everest Ultimate Edition and the temps match perfectly (other than Everest still calling the PWMIC the "motherboard".

If you got those measurements at Idle you had better hope your CPU is not at 47 :)

I realize it's hard to trust a homemade config file from a dweeb like me. However, many folks at different forums have used it and seem to feel it is certainly the easiest and most configurable of the various software out there. ITE's SmartGuardian may be more to your likeing and the latest Speedfan 4.26 was also released today.

It's all software so of course it is not 100% accurate, but still the best thing out there in my opinion. You'll find everyone from jsp to onepagebook using it.

All credit for anything MBM5 should go to Alex Van Kaam. I'm just trying to tweak it for DFI boards. feel free to PM me or post in the MBM5 thread if you have questions or thoughts. Link is below my sig.

EDIT: Speedfan and MBM5 also work in x64 Edition. SmartGuardian does not.

MBM5 can also display a great deal more information at a glance in the dashboard or with an On Screen Display.

Ok, I have started to overclock now, my first serious attempt ever to be honest, and so far im currently finding max cpu.

I do have a couple of questions tho as im not sure of some stuff. What does PWM IC stand for? What part of the motherboard is that? And what kind of temperature would be max for this?

And one last question before i go back to my idling infront of an stresstested cpu.... what kind of chipset temperature is preferable? mine is currently at 47C and its pretty much stable at that temp, should i try to lower this?

Thanks

Best regards

//Kurik

EDIT: A while back one of my memory sticks broke down on me.. 512mb crucial ballistix. So I RMAd it to the store, but they didnt have any of those to replace mine so as it stands now they are gonna send me a 512mb crucial ballistix tracer memory. I want to run dual channel and i know same memory is kinda a prereq to do, will this become a problem for me running my memory, to sum up... dual channel with 1x 512mb Crucial ballistix, 1x512mb Crucial ballistix tracer?

Thanks again.

Ok, I have started to overclock now, my first serious attempt ever to be honest, and so far im currently finding max cpu.

I do have a couple of questions tho as im not sure of some stuff. What does PWM IC stand for? What part of the motherboard is that? And what kind of temperature would be max for this?

And one last question before i go back to my idling infront of an stresstested cpu.... what kind of chipset temperature is preferable? mine is currently at 47C and its pretty much stable at that temp, should i try to lower this?

Thanks

Best regards

//Kurik

EDIT: A while back one of my memory sticks broke down on me.. 512mb crucial ballistix. So I RMAd it to the store, but they didnt have any of those to replace mine so as it stands now they are gonna send me a 512mb crucial ballistix tracer memory. I want to run dual channel and i know same memory is kinda a prereq to do, will this become a problem for me running my memory, to sum up... dual channel with 1x 512mb Crucial ballistix, 1x512mb Crucial ballistix tracer?

Thanks again.

those temps are fine

as far as memory I think you will have major problem running two different stick, people are having problmes with paired sticks nevertheless having two differnt types.

hopefully some of the more experts can elaborate on that.