Better processor??

ragdoll

If you are referring to the 3800+ venice VS a 3700+ san diego, look at the cache. Venice has only 512kb of cache. San Diego has 1mb of cache.

Double the cache is going to go a lot farther than an extra "100 mhz" will. The extra 100 on the venice is only going to give a "100 head start" on overclocking. The 1mb of cache is going to help you every step of the way.

Ok thanks man never really looked at that kind of stuff, so the 3700 san diego will do for gaming right? Bc i have the 3800+ x2 and ya i hate it bc it sucks for gaming right now..Also i dont really plan on ocing anyway right now since i dont really know how to...lol

I'd definately go with the 3700...I've got no complaints.

thegnode...you're gonna here this a lot so you'd better get used to it... You're probably gonna want to get a new PSU, especially given that you're overclocking your 7800. Any power supply with a 20 to 24 pin adapter doesn't meet the minimum specs. Regardless of that, though, you're gonna want to get the latest official bios (6/23) with the 3700. The San Diego isn't fully supported in the 3/10 bios.