Getting very tired of this.

I am getting very tired of this. I have posted about this problem several times, and most of the time, nobody will reply. Well I have had just about enough of that and I need awnsers. I am sorry if I sound annoyed, but I am. I have several strange issues. The first and most annoying problem is that sometimes when I turn on the PC, the fans will all spin, but the power light does not come on, the hard drive activity light is flashing, and no signal is sent to the monitor, however the keyboard and mouse do get power. If I leave it on like that, the hard drive activity light will eventually stop flashing, and the power light will come out, only to be followed by a beep that sounds like this:

"beeee-b-beep"

Then, it will stay like that. I have to turn it off and back on again, and sometimes it will come on normally, sometimes ti will repeat itself, and some times it will continue to do that and I can not turn it on again for a few hours. When it does turn on properly, there is nothing appearntly wrong with the PC. It will pass memtest, it will pass prime, it will pass superpi 32m test, and just about anything I throw at it. It does not overheat. I have checked all the temps. Also I only have this problem on a cold boot, never on a reset or restart. Is this the cold boot bug I have tried all the different BIOS', and they all have this problem. What are the symptoms of the cold-boot bug? I have also not gotten an awnser to that question either, which I find odd, because I thought a lot people have had this problem, so surely somebody can tell me the symptoms of the cold boot bug. If nobody here can help me, please direct to somewhere I can get help. All my warranties are void btw. The other problem I have is that sometimes when I turn on the PC, the mouse and keyboard will get power, but after the wndows splash screen is displayed, powere is promptly removed from the mouse so I have to either restart the PC or unplug and replug the mouse to get power to it again, but wht is even more odd, is that when I unplug it, windows plays the sound of a device being disconnected, so it knew it was plugged in. it is a razer Diamondback Plasma LE.

Ok first of all im not gonna act like I know something because I dont, but I noticed that you have overclocked abit, overclocking = more power consumption, so I just wonder if you have the same problems at stock speed. Worth checking out if you havent.

//Kurik

As horrible as it sounds, I would take the M/B out of the case and run it bare for a while and see if you get the problem then. Grounding problems are biatch to track down. I'd probably check all the power connectors, and I don't just mean pull them off and on, make sure all the wires are seated into the molex connectors, etc. Try disconnecting all your case fans and see if the problem goes away. Are you using USB K/B and Mouse? Try P/S2's.

In any case, I/We feel your pain. Try to eliminate as many 'suspects' as you can. Disconnect as much stuff as you can get away with and work from there.

All 4 power connectors on the M/B? and on and on...

Bump. Yes, all four power connectors are pluggged in, and I really really doubt it's the PSU, because when I look in the BIOS and smartguardian, all the voltages are rock solid. Also, I forgot to mention that the problem I have with the mouse does not happen on my old PC. Yes, both the mouse and keyboard are USB, and I don't have any PS/2.

Hello,

Are you using the DVI port on the GFX card?

Your problem does seem like the cold boot bug too.

What memory voltage are you using? and How long have you been using it for?

+ have you been keeping the memory cool?

For 246Mhz you will need around 3.4v-3.5v.

My video card only has 2 DVI ports, and I have a CRT monitor, so I use the included DVI to analog converter that came in the box. I use 3.4V on the memory, in the yellow slots, and I have been using it for about a month or two (the pc is not on 24/7 however). For RAM coooling, there are the heatspreaders on the RAM, and the XP-90, which hangs over the RAM, and I use a 92mm panaflo ultra high speed fan on the xp-90.

I forgot to mention that the problem I have with the mouse does not happen on my old PC. Yes, both the mouse and keyboard are USB, and I don't have any PS/2.

U NEED TO GET A PS/2 KEYBOARD TO START WITH UNTIL YOU CHANGE UR BIOS SETING TO SUPPORT USB ETC AS FAR AS IM AWARE, DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT UR OTHER PROBLEM THOU SRY!

Hi, I have almost the same problem as you-

Most of the time it will get stuck at 2 or 3 LED lights when going through POST. My memory and graphics card are both good, memtested for 9 hours and obviously the card is good because when it actually does boot, it works fine. I'd say I can boot 1/10 times, but sometimes I'll get a "good streak" and hard resets work fine but on a soft reset it all starts again. So obviously mine's not a cold boot prob, happens on both hard and soft. Plus I'm using 2.8v on my 2GB memory. It started when I accidentally put 1.9v through my proc, but it's fine, passes prime until I stop it (8 hours). Here's a link to my thread (6 responses, 5 by me :rolleyes: ):

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22802

Anyway, unlike you, my warranty is still intact on all my stuff, so I'm gonna go request an RMA at Newegg and send the board out tomorrow. Don't know what else to tell you as I haven't solved it either :(

for the dissapearing mouse issue it's a USB power management issue.. just go into hardware, find the usb controllers and disable any power management features. there should be checkboxes in options that allow the computer to shut things down to save power..

This happened with my diamondback mouse but it's dissapeared since I changed that setting.

razerzone.com has more detailed instructions under FAQ for diamondback if you need them.

U NEED TO GET A PS/2 KEYBOARD TO START WITH UNTIL YOU CHANGE UR BIOS SETING TO SUPPORT USB ETC AS FAR AS IM AWARE, DONT KNOW NOTHING ABOUT UR OTHER PROBLEM THOU SRY!

generally best to leave these disbled unless you really need dos support from your mouse and keyboard. the bios and windows will both support usb regardless of this setting.