dfi-street type boards for abit/asus?

Guest Grader_merged

Seems how i have had nothing but problems with my DFI board. iam thinking about getting another Companys.. was wondering if anyone knows of boards like this one. for other companys? esc abit, asus or msi.

You guys have helped me more than i can ask. but just to many unsolvded problems that dfi needs to fix.

Well I use the SLI-DR, but if not, I recommend Abit K8, and or Fatal1ty, you pay for name but its a good board, I would buy the Asus Premium, their top of line, won't oc as much, but will not give you problems and much more user friendly. Thats for AMD. MSI, EPoX are good alternatives too.

yeah was thinking about abit,asus or msi. question that i had was. do these boards have aftermarket fourms like dfi does (this site) wanted to look up on them and see if the problems that iam having with the dfi board. is it cause of dfi? nforce 4 chipset etc.

Abit forum is OK it is often down though and there is not the heavy duty experince there at the moment. Is it just frezing in games? That is often the PSU or the graphics card. Even if the GPU temps are reported OK in the monitor it can cause a problem in one pipeline if it is not seated correctly. Had a frend with the same problem. Testing the psu is also important the Antec PSU's are/were very unpopular at Abit forums with the 64rigs they had many many problems with them there.

The thing is your problems will in all liklyhood follow you. Yes I do know this from experience. I really need to get around to taking out my Asus board from my back up rig and putting the Abit back in one of theise days. I had a problem with the memory and the MB was out of date anyway so I got the Abit then I had a problem with the HD so I tried the Asus again........

Naturaly neither had anyting to do with the MB but .....

I am tired of getting 4 red LEDs instead of posting, so I ordered an ASUS Premium and an Enermax 535 to see if my other parts are the problem, or if the DFI MB is the problem. OCFORUMS.COM has a subforum devoted to most of the major MBs including Asus, Abit, MSI, etc.

I have read the threads on this site till my eyes were bleeding, tried everything virtually everyone recommended including clearing my CMOS for 2 days and nothing helped. RMA'd the board and had it returned with no comments - still doen't work. I will see in a week if it is the PSU or not. I really can't believe that the s12-430 isn't enought to get the CPU, 1 stick of RAM and a Matrox 16 MB PCI card running.

I picked the Asus because of the silent heat pipe NB and the good results by a friend of mine.

I really can't believe that the s12-430 isn't enought to get the CPU, 1 stick of RAM and a Matrox 16 MB PCI card running.

the Seasonic psu's are problematic with the DFI motherboard (and the one you are using does not meet minimum specs for these motherboards).

I have a Seasonic psu coming direct from Seasonic so we can help each other work out the problem that the psu's have with our boards.

but even then, again, your psu does not meet minimum specs for the DFI Lanparty NF4 motherboard.

Yea, I know it doesn't meet the "minimum specs" :( , but with only 1 stick of 512 RAM, 1 CPU, 1 CPU fan, and 1 PCI (not even PCIe) video card (can't use more than a couple of watts), I still can't believe that 430 watts isn't enough to get past the 4 red LEDs. I have an Enermax 565 on order (535 watts) so we will see......