• SmartPower II 500W
    • NeoPower 480W
    • Phantom 500W
    • TrueBlue II 480W
    • TruePower II 480W
    • TruePower II 550W
    • TruePower II 550W EPS
    • TrueControl II 550W

I've got a Truepower II 480W that can't power a fan with the fan-only molex connectors. :( Otherwise it works fine. Thought about sending it back, but since I have enough connectors of other sorts it's not worth the trouble.
The "fan only" connectors are thermally controlled & programed to be quiet. I never use them! ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have the smart power 2 500w that came with the antec TX1050B case and i am very happy with it. no problems with it whatsoever.

one thing i noticed is that the exhaust fan (second one) hasn't turned on for me. the manual says it will turn on when it reaches a certain temperature, so i guess my setup is not hot enough for it to start? has anyone experienced this? a friend of mine has the same psu and case, and it doesn't turn on for him either.

The "fan only" connectors are thermally controlled & programed to be quiet. I never use them! ;)

Good to know, but still, there's definitely something wrong. My Coolermaster 120mm fan won't even run unless I jumpstart with the old finger. Same thing with another 120 I tried (forget the make).

Good to know, but still, there's definitely something wrong. My Coolermaster 120mm fan won't even run unless I jumpstart with the old finger. Same thing with another 120 I tried (forget the make).

that is odd. i had a couple 120mm fans on my fan onlyconnectors for a few days and they definitely spun, just not as fast as i wanted :)

i tried the one that came with the antec case, a sunon and vantec, all 120's.

SmartPower II 500W

Good PSU thus far it's somewhat quiet and other than that my lack of knowledge in regards to PSU couldn't tell you much else. The only thing about this PSU is the power cables...Had to make one(a 4 female Power cable) for my HD and two CD-RW/DVD-RW drives.