• TruePower II 550W
    • TruePower II 550W EPS
    • TrueControl II 550W

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the NeoPower 480.

I have had several issues but none seem to be with the power supply. I had a BFG 6800GT that went kaput and was replaced with an inferior card by BFG. (My original card had a copper heatsink with clear plastic and LEDs, the new card has an aluminum heatsink NO LEDs and ugly graphics on black plastic.) I'm NEVER purchasing BFG products again. I took my problem all the way up the chain and they said sorry in our policy it states we can replace with "like component". Since it has same GPU the consider it "like" component. I also am still having problems with my Maxtor drives. Once I get this all resolved I'll be able to really see if the power supply is up to driving my board and memory.

I am using the above PSU and have a small problem with it. In trying to overclock my OCZ PC3200 EL Gold BH-5 based memory, I needed more than 3.3V on the 3.3V rail. This power supply wouldn't give it to me. It would only give me 3.34V. I contacted tech support and exchanged emails with their engineers who told me there was nothing I could do. So I had to use the 5V rail. I needed 3.5V. So one day I'll have to change out this PSU with a PSU that is better at being able to get a better max 3.3V rail.

Owen

I am using the above PSU and have a small problem with it. In trying to overclock my OCZ PC3200 EL Gold BH-5 based memory, I needed more than 3.3V on the 3.3V rail. This power supply wouldn't give it to me. It would only give me 3.34V. I contacted tech support and exchanged emails with their engineers who told me there was nothing I could do. So I had to use the 5V rail. I needed 3.5V. So one day I'll have to change out this PSU with a PSU that is better at being able to get a better max 3.3V rail.

Owen

I recommend the OCZ PowerStream 520W. :nod:

I have the Smartpower 2.0. This is my first modular design PS. I really like the fact the inside of the case isn't stuffed full of leads I have no use for. Building this computer I was using a 465 watt Enermax until I got the Smartpower and with water cooling I was having to try to route the water tubes around the extra cables. If nothing else the case is a lot less cluttered, easier it work in, and Motherbopard Monitor shows the power is quite stable.

Neopower 480 and LP NF4 ULTRA-D

Quite happy with my setup since March 2005. Done some overclocking. Power source is rock stable. Also I like the way you can use only as many power cables as you need.. makes less of a mess.

Antec Neopower working fine. I'm only putting 3.0V to the memory and OC'ed my X800XL by 15%, so I don't think I'm putting much strain on it.

However I'm considering getting an Antec Phantom 500 as I'm finding that the Neopower is the loudest thing in my system. I was hoping that people would have had some experience with it with their DFI NF4 motherboards, but it looks like I'll be stepping into relatively uncharted territory if I make the change.

Antec Neopower working fine. I'm only putting 3.0V to the memory and OC'ed my X800XL by 15%, so I don't think I'm putting much strain on it.

However I'm considering getting an Antec Phantom 500 as I'm finding that the Neopower is the loudest thing in my system. I was hoping that people would have had some experience with it with their DFI NF4 motherboards, but it looks like I'll be stepping into relatively uncharted territory if I make the change.

The Antec Phantom 500 is NOT recommended for DFI N4's. :shake:

The OCZ PowerStream 520W is pretty quiet.

The Seasonic S-12 500W & 600W would be best, but please wait untill DFI & Seasonic resolve a few issues.

Once those issues are resolved, both the Seasonic 500W & 600W will go on the "A" list. ;)

Dave