Tmod and loggan26's Bios Flash CD & Utility CDs NF/4/3/2+ATI

Guest Tmod_merged

According to the discription their are three bin files that are used for this. I downloaded the bios and only had two files. r5216.bin = the file for sata raid. b5216.bin = the file for ide bios file.

Those bios's are for the PCI card using the 3114 chip.

The system bios does not use either of those files.

You can use either the IDE or Raid drivers with the onboard controller.

Tmod

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys

I wonder if anyone can assist me in this question, I currently have :

DFI Expert

Opteron 175

2Gb Kit Team Xtreem Cronus 3-3-3-8 PC4000 (Micron)

2 Raptors

Evga 7800 PCI

Now my question is what bios would you guys recommend for my setup, since I have different ram, the BIOS I am using now is the one it came from DFI 12/7/05.

Thanks,

JOe

I would suggest keeping that same BIOS unless your having problems with it and your current hardware. I've tried most BIOS version for the Expert and noticed very small performance differences between them. I've used OCCC, UTT, BH-5, and TCCD RAM with the Expert and they all worked fine with 12/07 BIOS as well at the modded E704-2BT version. Probably the best thing to do is keep your current BIOS and see how it works, if you have some issues try the modded E704-2BT version. Keep us posted on how stuff works out for you so we know! GL

Maybe not with a different BIOS but certainly by making changes in BIOS! I've had my redlines for a while now and I'm eeking out additional performance from them frequently just by optimizing my BIOS settings! Lots of testing and tweaking, testing and tweaking.......

I didn't see it explicitly mentioned on the first page of this thread and just wanted to confirm that it was supported.

Yes it is supported under the DFI NF4 LanParty Menu (Menu shown below)

nf4menu.jpg

Tmod

Well, I finally got my new system up and running. I downloaded Tmods bios flash program and have a question. Should I run the KillCmos program after the flash? I've read that you should clear CMOS after a flash and wondered if this program will fulfill the same function as doing it the old-fashioned way. Also, I know this isn't necessarily the right thread but any suggestions for a BIOS for my new system?