W00T! eVGA step-up program

evogre3n

huh?

I bought the 6600GT in june, when the 6800 was still VERY expensive, top of the line card.. now I get it for 50 bucks more... i say.. good deal, i saved myself a great deal of money, if i bought the 6800GT when i got my 6600, i would have payed 100 bucks more than I just did right now...

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

huh?

I bought the 6600GT in june, when the 6800 was still VERY expensive, top of the line card.. now I get it for 50 bucks more... i say.. good deal, i saved myself a great deal of money, if i bought the 6800GT when i got my 6600, i would have payed 100 bucks more than I just did right now...

Yup, I bought mine in may, and same thing. AT THAT TIME, there was a much bigger price difference. Since that time, the 7800's have come out and because of this, shifted all the prices down a tad.

Anways, when you're buying all new and haven't upgraded in a few years, then why not get a "decent" one like the 6600GT for the cheapest pci-eX price, then turn around 3 months later and "step up" and get your full price, if you've either found the need because of the newer games, or have a little more money to blow. Never again will I get full price I paid for this card.

And ya, I know I'll get a 7800 now and just around the corner there will be something better, but thats always the case isn't it!

because of that I won't have anything to do with evga purely out of ethics.

eVGA offers great customer support, lifetime warranty, and this "step-up" program, and you're worried about ethics, that for one, what you based it on isn't true, and for two, is the same kind of marketing that everyone does.

eVGA offers great customer support, lifetime warranty, and this "step-up" program, and you're worried about ethics, that for one, what you based it on isn't true, and for two, is the same kind of marketing that everyone does.

Sorry if I have the decency to not deal with a company who uses sleezy tactics to draw in new buyers, letting you upgrade after you realize the first product you bought from them was a pos isn't the kind of company I'd like to deal with. A lifetime warranty on any pc related products reeks of scam

im just really happy with the timings, i get my 6600GT AGP right before the 7800 is shipped, 6800GT prices drop, and I get the the 6800GT (wich I will OC to 6800 Ultra speeds) for almost $200 less then if I had purchased the 6800GT originally instead of the 6600GT.... good timing, i got lucky :D

And Flight Game, i wouldnt expect anything around the corner for Step-Up, because ATI still hasnt released its next chipset in response to the 7800, so itll be a good 6-8months before a new chipset is released :)

whateva man, nobody ever said the first product was a pos, in fact this 6600GT is pretty damn good. I just have this need for bigger better, and will never get full price for it again. They really don't even use the step up program to draw in buyers. I did some research and found evga to be good, and bought from them. Only a couple days ago did I ever find out about the step up. The don't advertise it at all. PEACE!

i have the evga 6800gt pci e. im thinking of getting the 7800gt or a gtx if i can find one for the right price.i think bf2 looks better with my 6800gt over my ati x800pro agp.i just upgraded to the new 77.77 drivers also no problems so far.

Sorry if I have the decency to not deal with a company who uses sleezy tactics to draw in new buyers, letting you upgrade after you realize the first product you bought from them was a pos isn't the kind of company I'd like to deal with. A lifetime warranty on any pc related products reeks of scam

I bought the 6800GT in May and then a month later the 7800 comes out, which I wasn't aware of at the time, so in July I signed up for the step up and will be getting the 7800GTX and only paying the difference of the cost when I bought the 6800 at considerable savings on my part. I don't see how this is a scam.

I think your just trolling.

Now they're giving out free mainboards as well.

http://www.evga.com/articles/public.asp?AID=258

For a limited time only, EVGA is offering a steal of a deal, literally! For those purchasing an e-GeForce 7800 GTX or an e-GeForce 7800 GT, you'll receive an nForce 4 SLI Mainboard FREE! You read that right, that's a $199.99 value item that you're getting free of charge when you purchase one of the participating 7800 series cards. This is a limited time offer and is also limited to one promotional mainboard per order.

damn they need to do the sli mainboard offer with the 7800gtx ko as well......

im dyin to buy that card.....that lil freebie there would be just enough to push me over the top.....

its a killer deal too if you want to place two seperate orders for 7800gt's.....hell you could run them in sli for just over the price of one gtx......that is provided you sell both the mainboards you get for retail.....