My Newish Build

Mikesnow

So, I finally ordered my self a case and should soon be able to use all my nice new things I have had lying here on the floor for months now. (The case was originally supposed to release in June/July) I figured I would post all the stuff I have to see if I missed anything, so here goes.

Motherboard:

EVGA x58 Classified 760A

Processor:

i7-975 EE

Memory:

6 gig Dominator GT Kinda worried about this stuff cause it is the stuff they recalled not the new stuff in link :(

Video Cards:

BFG GTX 280 OC x 3

Physics:

BFG 9800gt

Sound Card:

X-fi Fatality

Hard Drives:

WD VelociRaptor x2 in RAID 0 (Considering SSD's and will make choice to switch or not depending on the case)

Optical Drive:

LG Blu-Ray Reader/Writer Super Multi

Power Supply:

Silverstone ST1500

Case:

Corsair Obsidian 800D

That should be everything for the meat of the system I think, I have an old First Gen Logitech G-15, I think I will keep for my keyboard all thought I have considered getting the G-19 and still might, and will likely keep my Razer Lachesis mouse.

For cooling everything will be water cooled, with 100% Koolance products, already have the water blocks on the MB, and V-reg, and graphics cards, and cpu and radiators, but I am thinking of changing a few things with it once I have my case in hand and see what options I have.

EDIT: Added Water Kit

CPU Block:

CPU-345 - This link is just like the one I have except mine has an acrylic top. These are a deleted item from Koolance now, as most people order the 350's instead, so they stopped making the 345's and just sell them till they are gone.

Motherboard & Vreg Blocks:

X58 Classified MB kit - They offer these in a kit now, I actually had to get them separately. :(

Video Card Blocks:

Koolance VID-428 - Heres a link to some site with pics of it, they don't make or sell these any more either because there is no market for them, since gtx280's are pretty much no longer made.

Heat Exchangers:

Top Radiator - will be mounted at the top of the Corsair Case, i currently use a different radiator from them, but will sell it with this case it's in so I had to order new ones.

Exhaust Fan Radiator - This one will mount on the exhaust part of the case.

Pump & Reservoir:

RP-1000BK

Think thats most of the major parts, there are temps sensors, and drain valves, a lot of compression fittings and tubing all of which are 13mm or 1/2". I am going to start out with only 1 loop at first to see how it performs, and add the extra small radiator for a little extra help in cooling before the loop hits the GFX cards, but I have a sneaky suspission I'll be spliting it to 2 loops. :D

Someone suggested I go Radiator>CPU>Vreg>Small Radiator>Vid Card>Vid Card>Vid Card>Reservoir>Pump>Back to Radiator with the loop and should be ok, but I guess i'll have to wait and see.

Basically been waiting on the case since June, and now I have a pre-Order placed with newegg for it with a ship date of 9-10-09, I would like to make sure I have just about everything I need once I get it. If anyone sees something I missed or have suggestions please feel free.

Edited by Bigfwd69

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I finally ordered my self a case and should soon be able to use all my nice new things I have had lying here on the floor for months now. (The case was originally supposed to release in June/July) I figured I would post all the stuff I have to see if I missed anything, so here goes.

Motherboard:

EVGA x58 Classified 760A

Processor:

i7-975 EE

Memory:

6 gig Dominator GT Kinda worried about this stuff cause it is the stuff they recalled not the new stuff in link :(

Video Cards:

BFG GTX 280 OC x 3

Physics:

BFG 9800gt

Sound Card:

X-fi Fatality

Hard Drives:

WD VelociRaptor x2 in RAID 0 (Considering SSD's and will make choice to switch or not depending on the case)

Optical Drive:

LG Blu-Ray Reader/Writer Super Multi

Power Supply:

Silverstone ST1500

Case:

Corsair Obsidian 800D

That should be everything for the meat of the system I think, I have an old First Gen Logitech G-15, I think I will keep for my keyboard all thought I have considered getting the G-19 and still might, and will likely keep my Razer Lachesis mouse.

For cooling everything will be water cooled, with 100% Koolance products, already have the water blocks on the MB, and V-reg, and graphics cards, and cpu and radiators, but I am thinking of changing a few things with it once I have my case in hand and see what options I have.

Basically been waiting on the case since June, and now I have a pre-Order placed with newegg for it with a ship date of 9-10-09, I would like to make sure I have just about everything I need once I get it. If anyone sees something I missed or have suggestions please feel free.

I almost died when I saw the 9800gt because I thought that was your primary GPU lol. Looks to be a nice machine, I think these sticks would prove to be better (and are more affordable) Gskill Trident 1600mhz 6-7-6-18 (3x2GB)

I have alot more suggestions if you want to keep the performance but save money too.

I almost died when I saw the 9800gt because I thought that was your primary GPU lol. Looks to be a nice machine, I think these sticks would prove to be better (and are more affordable) Gskill Trident 1600mhz 6-7-6-18 (3x2GB)

I have alot more suggestions if you want to keep the performance but save money too.

hehe yeah I have been debating other choices on the graphics cards, but will wait untill the 300 series comes out before I decide if I would like to change them out. As for the ram, I already have the ram listed. If it happens to be bad tho I get to rma it for their newer matched set of three 2GB modules, DDR3, 2000MHz, 7-7-7-20 latency timings. As for the rest of the stuff I own all this already, everything listed here minus the case is sitting on the floor behind me and some of it is in this current pc. The money thing isn't such a big deal for me either, a lot of the things I get at cost or close to cost so I paid about that same price. :)

Sorry to be bearer of bad news, but the 9800GT won't fit next to your three GTX280s on that board. Check out the layout again, the GTX280's cooler will be above the last PCI-E slot.

Hrmm.. I coulda swore I have seen it done before. I think it was in

video. Also my gtx280's only take up 1 slot each with the watercooling blocks on them. So I think I will be ok.

I currently use a Samsung P2370 which is kinda nice, I also have a Samsung 50" Plasma that I was thinking of using, but really dunno yet tbh what I want to do with it yet. I kinda Like those steroscopic 3d vision things too. would be kinda neat to have.

aww man, since you seem to be made of money I'd expect nothing less than a 30" monitor. It would explain the tri-sli and physx booster

aww man, since you seem to be made of money I'd expect nothing less than a 30" monitor. It would explain the tri-sli and physx booster

Well I am not made out of money, I do have a job. I am not married, or have children. I quit all my bad habits, such as smoking and drinking, and drugs. Also, I currently only have Computers as my hobby atm, so I tend to spend most of my money on this hobby for the time being. Not to mention I get most everything I buy at cost as I mentioned before so that makes it a lot better. For instance my 50" samsung plasma retails for around 2200 to 2500 dollars, I paid 700. I have been considering better monitors, but I haven't really researched them much, did you have any suggestions or recommendations on some? I think I would like to find something capable of the 2560x1600 resolution.

Well I am not made out of money, I do have a job. I am not married, or have children. I quit all my bad habits, such as smoking and drinking, and drugs. Also, I currently only have Computers as my hobby atm, so I tend to spend most of my money on this hobby for the time being. Not to mention I get most everything I buy at cost as I mentioned before so that makes it a lot better. For instance my 50" samsung plasma retails for around 2200 to 2500 dollars, I paid 700. I have been considering better monitors, but I haven't really researched them much, did you have any suggestions or recommendations on some? I think I would like to find something capable of the 2560x1600 resolution.

sorry I assumed you were after seeing the three 280s, the 975, and the two veloci's. If you were truly watching your budget you would have gotten other components that could offer all the same performance for cheaper :P. I'm really big on that, sorry if I'm sound harsh this sort of thing just always bugs me the most lol