Bios Mods Done Here

Alright, since there have been a few people wondering about BIOS modding, and since I simply enjoy tuning them, I've decided to start my own BIOS Modding "Shop." If you're interested, simply attach your BIOS (.bin or .rom) and tell me a bit about your card (card type, memory brand, what your goals are). Right now, I can only do ATi's, but I'm gonna look into nVidia's (since they need all the help they can get)

How to:

First, download ATIFLASH - http://softmod.ocfaq.com/bios/atiflash16.zip

Then, follow these steps to get your BIOS from the card to a floppy

1. MAKE A DOS BOOT DISK. IN WINDOWS XP GO TO MY COMPUTER>RIGHT CLICK THE FDD ICON AND CLICK FORMAT AND CHECK THE BOX "MAKE BOOTABLE DOS DISK"

2. UNZIP THE ATIFLASH.ZIP FILE AND COPY ALL FILES IN IT TO YOUR FDD. ALSO COPY THE BIOS FILE TO THE FDD

3. BOOT TO DOS USING THIS FLOPPY

4. TYPE (no quotes) "atiflash -s 0 backup.bin" --------> THIS WILL SAVE YOUR BIOS FILE ON FDD WITH NAME BACKUP.BIN

Edited by InvaderTrax

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd need to boot on a DOS CD (which is doable) but you'd have to burn the BIOS.bin to CD (which you can't do in DOS). What might work is booting into DOS mode, but you'll need to know the path to ATIFLASH

Would it be possible to modify a Radeon 9500/9700 bios to provide more voltage to the core or mem? Thanks. :)

Tip: you can also get your video bios via ATITool for those of you who don't want to mess with the bios in DOS. Click on "dump bios", and the bios will be dumped to the ATITool directory under the name bios.bin.

Tip: you can also get your video bios via ATITool for those of you who don't want to mess with the bios in DOS. Click on "dump bios", and the bios will be dumped to the ATITool directory under the name bios.bin.

wow you're a life saver =)

also invadertrax, how should we send your our bios.bin file?

heh, all good reasons to keep floppy drives and fat16 partitions... well hmm, one reason, old-school bios flashing...

everyone break out mscdex and cd rom drivers :(

bad memories...

Bingo! I hadn't thought of using the ATiTool BIOS Dump, modding the BIOS, then installing it through a DOS CD

ok im still kind of confused on how to flash the bios. I make a boot cd with the new bios.bin, then what do I do? Also, would this be the same way I could flash my R360 core pro to an XT core?