i did look at your thread before, and it helped
it was surprisingly easy to set up for read only access... i didn't have to change or specify as many settings as you'd listed... i have Samba share working as i'm familiar with Windows sharing/networking, so it appears as a shared machine/folder on my LAN
only problem is EMIII doesn't seem to have been updated for this WU so i can see the WU name, the start and due times, and the time per frame, but because the unit point and # of frames info isn't being recognised, i don't have a WU point value nor number of frames and consequently i don't have a ppd nor do the progress meters work
oh well... i can figure out my ppd from the time per frame, and it's ~1000ppd, so i don't really mind hehe
Oh that's a different story and fairly easy to fix on your own. You need to update emprotz.dat in your EMII folder.
Go to the Stanford project summary page
and look up the WU you want to add. Write down the preferred number of days, the point value and the number of frames.
Next, open the emprotz.dat file with Notepad. The first few lines look something like this:
"3302" = project number
604800 = preferred days (in seconds, so multiply the number of days by 24*60*60)
94.0 = point value
100 = number of frames
So just insert a block in the dat file representing your WU, making sure to follow the format used for the others in the file (project number in quotes, spaces before the values other than the project number, a single decimal place after the point value).
I'm not sure what happens when EMII updates the file, whether it adds new values or overwrites the existing file.
I've done this on several occasions and it works fine.
Edit: Wrapping the example in the code tags stripped off the spaces in front of the entries, but you'll get the idea when you look at the dat file.
Edited by Nemo, 25 January 2007 - 07:09 AM.