Folding Using The Linux SMP Client Under Windows

Nemo

no, but you need it to get the updates & download folding according to the guide

I see that 111 updates almost as bad as M$ XP. I was asking because it was wanting internet access during the installation also and there was internet traffic. I am going to block access after the updates.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vm should be done in about a half hour. (I'm re DL'ing) I think things got messed up because i was messing with Second Life yesterday.

When downloading updates between folding listening to music all at the same time everything froze up or seemed to so I restarted and my ubuntu downloads, packages got messed up and it would not download. I finally figured out how to get it straightened out a couple minutes ago. Downloading updates now.

internet works fine on the virtual machine, thats not the problem, I am posting from it right now.

I have the exact same problem. My internet works with firefox I used it as the guide says to copy and paste everything in the terminal. I wonder if its because I am on a wireless pci card and wireless router? I did have to increase the number of machines allowed on the router to allow for this machine but thats the only change I made.

I had a similar issue with one of my regular (non -SMP) machines the other day when it had finished a work unit and couldn't return it and it wasn't getting new work. I restart folding on that machine and it eventually sorted itself out. I'm wondering if they're having assignment server issues?

Is anybody else seeing this problem on their regular folding machines?

I had a similar issue with one of my regular (non -SMP) machines the other day when it had finished a work unit and couldn't return it and it wasn't getting new work. I restart folding on that machine and it eventually sorted itself out. I'm wondering if they're having assignment server issues?

Is anybody else seeing this problem on their regular folding machines?

Windows is working fine but not Ubuntu.

Last night mine woudlnt connect to send results, still no unit this morning (was windows folding as it waited :)) and now after restartign the client this mornin it connected and recieved new work. So who knows :)