• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 08:51 AM

1. get one slipstream disc
2. run disc on each client's computer
3. ????
4. PROFIT!

Slipstream will take care of the updates, it will not remove or reinstall all clients folders, data, software. driver updates, or personal online accounts, etc, which all take time, if the guy dose what he says it's worth the $150.Also if it's a slower pc you can double or even tipple the time involved .I've been there and done that (like quite a few of us on here).
CPU>I7 2600K  -MB>GIGABYTE  Z68X-UD3H-B3-MEM>16 GB KINGSTON 1600 MHZ-COOLER> HYPER 212 EVO
VIDEO>NVIDIA GTX-1070-SSD>VERTEX 3 120 GB-HD>WD 2TB- G500 MOUSE
CASE>ROSEWILL CHALLENGER W/4 120MM FANS-PSU> 750WATT-MONITOR>24 INCH BENQ

#15 AkakmanH

AkakmanH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:55 AM

An addendum to an earlier post of mine.

It is not just the upgrade. I provide a 30 day guarantee which I think is fair. However, (notice this however?), when they call 6 months later with a problem and want you to fix it over the phone, for free, that is hard. Especially if the guy/gal have absolutely no OS experience and are just casual users. Talk about developing customer skils!!!! Situations like this really call into play all of your communication skills and tact. LOL :-)

#16 SpikeSoprano

SpikeSoprano

Total Nerd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2166 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

I do not give out free info over the phone, the way I see it is time is money and if it's the customer's fault something is not working properly they can bring it to me or I'll go to them, either way I charge them something for my time, a (thanks a lot) over the phone for 30 min. of my time don't pay my bills.
CPU>I7 2600K  -MB>GIGABYTE  Z68X-UD3H-B3-MEM>16 GB KINGSTON 1600 MHZ-COOLER> HYPER 212 EVO
VIDEO>NVIDIA GTX-1070-SSD>VERTEX 3 120 GB-HD>WD 2TB- G500 MOUSE
CASE>ROSEWILL CHALLENGER W/4 120MM FANS-PSU> 750WATT-MONITOR>24 INCH BENQ

#17 Boinker

Boinker

Im a Watchin you......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3540 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

I do not give out free info over the phone, the way I see it is time is money and if it's the customer's fault something is not working properly they can bring it to me or I'll go to them, either way I charge them something for my time, a (thanks a lot) over the phone for 30 min. of my time don't pay my bills.

Amen spike. Seeing as I work at a benz dealer. I have had conversations with independent auto repair places asking about the special tool for the lug bolts. After I tell them its a 17mm socket they tend to argue and I hang up. They usually call back getting a different result and end defining insanity oh so well. ;)

"It works Because I threatened it. :lol:" - " did you show it the sledgehammer" - "No, A flight of stairs"
"I don't want to be much of a forum Nazi but this situation calls for a hail Bosco and blitzkrieg someone".

If that does not fix it I hop in a Timber Wolf and Blast it to microscopic Particles.

gallery_64925_577_90061.png

#18 ccokeman

ccokeman

????????????

• Reviewer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12434 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 02:31 PM

If you do it as a business that's one thing but I think being a human being is another. If the person  asks over and over just politely decline and move on. I have people hit me up all the time at work to do refrigeration work for them while I am off. They want to pay me under the table to do what I can do for a living. I decline the work because its not something I want to do. No matter how long ago the repair was people expect a lifetime guarantee, its a never ending story. Don't want the hassle or their money.  

If I am hard up enough to have to charge my family for working on their computer I have other more pressing issues that need attention. I don't begrudge someone a living in any way but you can choose to decline the work and save the relationship.

My time is valuable and I choose when, where and how I want to apply that value.  

Processor Intel Core I7 4690X  4.3Ghz
Memory G.Skill RipJaws  32GB 2400Mhz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage IV BE
Graphics  GTX TitanX x2
Power Corsair AX 1200,
Monitor ASUS PQ321Q
Cooling Liquid by comittee

Storage  OCZ RevoDrive 350 480GB  Seagate 8TB
Follow OCC on facebook.png